Homeschoolers: Sign Up for FREE Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Reading Program (Grades K-6)

If you are a homeschool family, here’s a nice program for kids in grades K-6! Through September 1st, head on over here and fill out the form to request free BOOK IT! materials for the 2013-14 Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – which was established over 27 years ago to help motivate children to read more!

Even sweeter, I’ve heard that the BOOK IT! Materials may include coupons for FREE Personal Pan pizzas as they have in previous years – which would be a nice bonus! :) Head on over here to sign up!

*You must be a parent homeschooling your child(ren) and the child(ren) must be in kindergarten through 6th grade as of September 1, 2013. One order per household will be accepted. Duplicate orders will be voided. If a change needs to be made to your order after you have submitted it, please call 1-800-426-6548. Homeschool group/coop orders are no longer accepted. Orders are taken on an individual homeschool family basis only and materials will ship out in September.

(Thanks, Free Stuff Times!)

• MommySpendsLess says:

I remember doing this when I was in school! :) Our program had a button and you had to have your parents sign off that you’d met certain reading requirements then the teacher would give you a sticker to put on your button. When you’d filled your button you could go to Pizza Hut for a one topping personal pan pizza. I loved the program – with a SAHM my parents’ budget didn’t allow us to eat out very frequently and I was an avid reader anyway. I’m sure it was nice for my parents too (the whole school did it so my brother had his own free pizza too). Thanks for the good memories :)

• Deedee says:

Just signed up my will-be Kindergartener! Thanks!

• hollie says:

The packets will definitely include coupons for free personal pan pizzas! That is the incentive to get the kids to read. The homeschool packet is set up the same way as the school packet (I have done both). Each packet contains enough certificates to reward the child one free pizza per month (Oct through May) if they reach their reading goal. It is up to the teacher to decide what the goal is. You can record by minutes spent reading or buy number of pages/books. It is a great program!

• Holly says:

Just signed up my first grader and my second grader

• marianne says:

This is so great. Just signed up my 2 kindergartners!

• L says:

Homeschool group/coop orders are no longer accepted.

• MRay says:

Thank you so much!!! I remember doing this when I was a kid and I’m so excited my kid’s can do it too!!!