*HOT* Cartwheel by Target: In Store Savings Program (Find Offers, Add to Cartwheel and Instantly Save at the Register!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Calling all Target Shoppers! Target has a new in-store savings program available called Target Cartwheel. And the best part – you can use one manufacturer coupon, one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer per item purchased at your Target store. How cool is that?!
Here’s how Cartwheel works…
* First, head on over here and log in via Facebook or with your email address.
* Browse through all of the different offers available. You can search for specific items in the Search bar or click on the Browse menu to search by category. If you find an offer you like, just click on the offer image and then select the add button.
* You’ll know when an offer is on your Cartwheel when a red check appears in the corner of the card.
* When you’re ready to purchase your items at a Target store, you can either print your Cartwheel barcode from your desktop at home (click on Barcode at the top of the site) or you can use the app on your smartphone (available for both iPhones and Androids!) while in the store to access your barcode.
* When checking out, present your mobile or print barcode to the cashier just as you would any other coupon. The cashier will scan your barcode and you’ll automatically receive your savings on all of the Cartwheel offers on your list. Note that you may be asked to scan all other coupons prior to the Cartwheel Savings barcode; however, note that Target Cartwheel offers are deducted after all Target store coupons but before manufacturer’s coupons.
* Cartwheel offers are only valid in U.S. Target stores. Cartwheel is not available for redemption on Target.com or Target Canada at this time.
* Note that there is a limit one manufacturer coupon, one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer per item. Cartwheel offers are good on up to 4 qualifying items per transaction unless otherwise noted. Limit of 6 Cartwheel transactions per day. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Offer value may not exceed value of item purchased.
PRICE MATCHING with CARTWHEEL:
Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
We have a Target within walking distance of our house and other grocery stores in locations that require special trips. When we found out about the 5% back debit card, we started using this because it only required that we allow them to scan a blank check for our banking location info and then we could use the “red debit card” immediately. I heard about the Cartwheel from my daughter, who signed me up and then yesterday I actually used it. I used it in conjunction with manufacturer’s coupons, Target coupons, the red debit card, and also with a 5% off shopping-day that was a result of having filled 5 prescriptions at the Target Pharmacy. My receipt said I saved approximately $2.75 because of the coupons, 90 cents because of the Cartwheel, $6 because of the 5% shopping-day and $5 because of the 5% red debit card. Of course, some of the items here in California are still taxable, like dog food, etc., so I handed back $3 because of tax! My Cartwheel items were for 5% off Pepsi, 5% off Coke, 5% off chicken stock, and other small items. I used my phone, where the Target representative scanned one Cartwheel location that had the items sitting in a queue. I bought only items that compared favorably with the discount groceries we’ve visited like Wal-mart and Winco, though the savings by using their various discount methods helps to defray the cost of any larger priced items that could have been more convenient to purchase here–rather than make the drive for a couple of items elsewhere.
When Target items are on sale, have manufacture coupons stacked with Target printable coupons in addition to Cartwheel offers and paid with your Red Card, no other store can beat the price. Especially not Wal Mart, which is seldom your cheapest store if you do your homework.
I am attempting to use cartwheel as well as use the texting feature for the use of the coupons and wondering if you know is there a charge? I tried to text the number and it did not show a coupon, but it showed a code? with the message that data&text msg may apply. I do have unlimited texting, so I don’t think this applies to me? Are you familiar with the cartwheel coupon through Target?
It’s not a texting thing; it’s both an app and a website. Would recommend Googling Target Cartwheel and checking things out!
Do you have to actually click on the items in cartwheel so that there’s a check mark in the box before the discount will apply? Or if the cashier scans the bar code after scanning your items, will it automatically apply discount based on items already scanned?
I put this on my iphone and computer and I can use it on my computer but when I try to login through facebook on my phone it tells me to go to facebook and make sure the app is turned on (which it is). Can anyone help me?? Thanks
Does anyone have problems printing from this app? Everytime I try to print, it says printing, but doesn’t. I get a message saying my Internet explorer has quit working & I cannot get my bar code to print. I’m trying this on two newer computers. Thanks!
Can you use the cartwheel discount again on the same item?