Reader Holiday DIY Idea: Log Snowmen
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Holiday DIY Idea (sent in by reader, Sherrisa)…
Easy, Super Cute DIY Log Snowmen!
If you’re on the lookout for some cheap and super cute Christmas decorations then these snowmen might just be your answer! They are really easy to make and the best part is they don’t cost much either! 🙂
Supplies you will need…
- Two small logs or fence post or any piece of wood really ( I used small logs)
- Two hats and a scarf (I used 1 scarf and cut it in half)
- Black, & orange, acrylic paint (pink for the cheeks is optional) and white paint.
(If you will have these outside, use an exterior paint… I just used an exterior primer)
- Small paint brushes and a large brush for white paint.
- Pen or pencil to trace the face and buttons.
- Drop cloth or something to paint on.
- Make sure your logs are clean and ready to paint.
- Paint the logs with the white paint. Let dry!
- Take a pencil or pen and trace the face and buttons anyway you would like.
(Keep in mind that the pen might show through the orange paint… I found this out the hard way!)
- Take your acrylic paint and paint the eyes, mouth and buttons black, and the nose orange. If you want, you can put a little pink on the cheeks. Let dry!
- Next is the fun part! Place the hat on top of the snowman and put the scarf around the neck of the snowman! I used thumb tacks to secure the scarf around the Snowman. But you could use whatever you want or simply tie the scarf.
Now sit back and look at your adorable creation!
Note: These are so easy to make. I have been wanting to make them for a few years and was scared that they were going to be too hard to make. But honestly they are very simple. 🙂
Do your kiddos love crafts?
Score a Free Activity Box for Ages 3-16! These activity crates include lots of creative and fun project ideas for kiddos and the supplies like crayons, washi tape, snuggly glowworms, paint, paint brushes and SO much more. Get all the details HERE.
And be sure to check out these other fun holiday crafts:
- DIY Gift Card Snow Globes
- Homemade Christmas Countdown (Free Printables for Christmas, Hanukkah & More)
- 24 Christmas Ideas: Recipes, Homemade Gifts & More
- Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments (Fun & Easy Holiday Craft for Kids!)
- Official Letterhead and Gifts Tags from Santa Claus (Free Printables)