Ragu Voluntarily Recalls Select Pasta Sauces Due to Possible Plastic Contamination
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Mizkan America is voluntarily recalling select jars of Ragu Pasta Sauces due to the possibility that they may contain plastic fragments, which could potentially be a choking hazard.
There have been no reports of injuries or complaints, but Ragu is launching the recall out of an abundance of caution.
Check your cabinets for any of the following products:
- 45-ounce Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion with a cap code, JUN0620YU2
- 66-ounce Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion with a cap code, JUN0520YU2
- 66-ounce Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion with a cap code, JUN0620YU2
- 66-ounce Old World Style Traditional with a cap code, JUN0420YU2
- 66-ounce Old World Style Meat with a cap code, JUN0520YU2
If you have purchased one of these containers, you can discard the sauce and call the Mizkan customer service hotline at 800-328-7248 for a replacement coupon.
(Thanks, Benjamin & Ash!)