These Dollar Tree DIY Bowl Stands Are On Trend and Easy to Make!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you love unique Dollar Tree DIY makeovers, check out these acrylic bowls that look like expensive stoneware!
Here’s a fun and easy Dollar Tree DIY makeover idea!
Dollar Tree tends to have a great selection of bowls in a variety of shapes in the party and housewares sections. Of course, these are great for inexpensive dishes for serving, but did you know you can easily transform them into stylish bowl stands?! These faux pottery pieces can be incorporated into your home decor as a trendy centerpiece or to display on shelves or a mantle.
Neutral-colored ceramic-looking containers are a super popular home decor trend right now. Just think, you can make your own on the cheap!
I think these beautiful pieces of decor turn out looking so high-end and no one would ever guess they are actually plastic Dollar Tree bowls!
Textured spray paint is the key to this DIY Dollar Tree craft idea!
Can you even believe these are actually lightweight clear acrylic bowls from Dollar Tree? They look like they are heavy stone thanks to this can of Rust-Oleum textured spray paint! I cannot get over how amazing this transformation is. I am a huge fan of spray paint projects and this one is such a winner!
All you have to do is glue a smaller bowl upside-down to the bottom of a larger bowl so it will create a stand. Then use spray paint followed by stone textured spray paint to transform the stand from ordinary to extraordinary! I love how the details of the larger plastic punch bowl look so pretty!
Tips for making Dollar Tree DIY bowl stands:
- You will need to use a base coat of traditional spray paint first. I had white chalk paint spray paint on hand and used that first as it was a similar color to my stone textured spray paint.
- One of the small bowls I am using for the larger bowl stand is actually glass. I used hot glue and it stayed just fine. If you are concerned though, maybe consider using a stronger industrial glue like E6000 for glass pieces.
- You can also consider using a plate for the top as more of a decorative plate stand instead of a bowl. You can then use it the same way as part of your decor within shelving or on tabletops to create interest and texture.
Dollar Tree DIY Bowl StandsPrint
- clear serving bowl (plastic or glass)
- smaller sized bowl for the base (plastic or glass)
- hot glue gun and glue
- flat spray paint (in similar color to stone spray paint)
- stone textured spray paint
Oh my goodness…how pretty is this Dollar Tree DIY?!
My teammate Jen made this project already — check out her results!
She even used them to display Dollar Tree Easter decor in them. How fun and perfect for spring! Go Jen, you rock!