These One-Step Gel Nails Take Minutes to Apply at Home
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Want a gorgeous manicure that’s easy to do at home?!
My favorite frugal manicure may surprise you, and it doesn’t involve going to a salon! You see, I photograph and video my hands all day long creating recipes and DIY projects, so I consider having nice nails as a part of the gig. 🤗
Here’s why I especially love Kiss Impress nails!
- They are easy to apply in just one step and there’s no nail glue needed.
- No drying time is needed like with traditional nail polish. I can just stick these on and move on to other things, which is such a time saver!
- After I am done wearing them, I can remove them without damaging my nails and there’s no drill damaging my real nails like in the salon applications. My actual nails feel perfectly healthy!
- Impress Nails save me money. These are much less than a salon gel manicure which can cost up to $50-$60 dollars, and I don’t need to leave the house! 🙌
My experience with Impress Nails has been great!
I’ve been wearing Impress Nails for about the last couple of years on and off and they work perfectly for what I need. I consider it my tried and true method for achieving a perfect manicure every time. And these are not your mom’s press-on nails from the ’80s, promise! LOL!
If there’s any drawback, the ridges can get stuck from time to time. If you run your fingers through your hair a lot, your strands can occasionally get stuck near the ridges by your nail beds, which is hard to get used to at first.
I love the modern short, square shape, and they look more natural to me compared to other longer glue-on nails. There’s a large selection of widths, so if you have wide or skinny nail beds, there are lots of options to fit any nail size.
It’s also worth noting if you want to skip the accent-colored nail designs, there are enough nails to keep them all the same color.
Note: This is not a sponsored post. I am just sharing my honest product review with you as I’m loving this cheap and quick way for me to get by nails lookin’ like I just got a manicure! 😍
How long do Impress Nails last?
Impress Nails typically stay on for about 5-7 days. After a week, I am ready to change colors and styles anyways so this works fine for me. You may have varying results depending on how hard you are on your nails. For some people I’ve noticed the length can be longer or shorter.
Make sure to still wash your hands well, getting underneath nails to avoid any germs and bacteria. Even though these nails aren’t super long, I still spend extra time washing around the sides and underneath.
Here are my best tips for the Impress Nails application:
- When picking a nail for each finger, pick a size that’s the exact width of your nail or slightly smaller. They will stay on longer if not touching your skin on the side of the nail.
- Make sure to use the alcohol wipe that comes with the packet to clean nails before applying Impress Nails.
- To get the most natural look, take the tab off, and press it right up to and under your cuticle.
- For best adhesion, spend a few minutes just pressing the nails to your nails, going along each finger and pressing. I will sometimes apply mine while watching TV, and just keep pressing for awhile.
- Apply them before bed! Then they will set up better while sleeping since you won’t be using your hands. I noticed that I’m more likely to have them stay on longer when I do that.
- File the ends a bit if there are rough spots after application. There’s a small nail file that comes in the kit, but it’s good to have a bigger size on hand.
- Be careful with your nails. I still take a hot bath every night and do lots of dishes, but I’m careful not to use my nails to open things.
- If a nail pops off, keep some nail glue on hand, and apply a couple of drops to put it back on.
- Removal is actually pretty easy. Peel them off starting at the sides, and the glue comes off pretty easily. I never use acetone or anything.
Great for young teens, too!
This is a fun at-home activity that my 12-year-old daughter and I like to do together. She’s hooked on Impress Nails too, and I love that she can easily apply them herself. She likes the fun accent nail designs also.
Check out the fun storage idea my sidekick Mary has for her Impress Nails!
You’ll always have leftover nails when buying a pack, so it’s a good idea to save them to possibly use later! Mary, my HIP team member, is storing hers in a Dollar Tree clear craft storage box! So smart, and organized!
Where’s the best place to buy Impress Nails?
You can find these great nails in most grocery, drugstores, and big-box retailers.
- I usually pick them up at my local grocery store Fry’s (Kroger) for around $5-6.
- Walgreens sells them, and sometimes you can catch a great BOGO 50% off sale.
Check out why my sidekick Emily prefers a manicure using Kiss Nails!