You’ll Be “Impressed” with My Favorite One-Step Manicure!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Want hassle-free frugal nails that look cute, too?!
My favorite one-step manicure may surprise you! You see, I photograph or videotape my hands all day long as a food and craft blogger, so I consider having nice nails as a part of the gig. 🤗 Here’s why I specifically love Impress nails!
Regular gel nails are time-consuming and expensive.
Though I loved how they looked, I used to spend lots of time and money getting SNS powder gel nails. My nails were getting damaged though, and it became hard finding the time to spend at the salon. I was also spending over $60 a nail salon visit.
Some of my sidekicks here at Hip2Save.com were saying that they really loved Impress Nails, and I had to check them out!
My experience with Impress Nails
I’ve been wearing Impress Nails for about the last 6 months and am totally hooked!
Impress nails are glue-free press on nails! I know… stay with me… these are not like your mom’s press-on nails from the ’80s, promise! LOL!
I personally love the modern short, square shape and the fact that they look more natural to me compared to other longer glue-on nails.
They stay on for about 5-7 days for me, and I love how they look and how easy it is to apply! It’s worth noting if you want to skip the accent-colored nail designs, there are enough nails to keep them all the same color.
There’s no hassle of nail polish or messy glue – woohoo!
Impress Nails Hip Tips for Application:
- When picking a nail for each finger, pick a size that’s the exact width of your nail or slightly smaller. They will stay on longer if not touching your skin on the side of the nail.
- Make sure to use the alcohol wipe that comes with the packet to clean nails before applying Impress Nails.
- To get the most natural look, take the tab off, and press it right up to and under your cuticle.
- For best adhesion, spend a few minutes just pressing the nails to your nails, going along each finger and pressing. I will sometimes apply mine while watching TV, and just keep pressing for awhile.
- File the ends a bit if there are rough spots after application. There’s a small nail file that comes in the kit, but it’s good to have a bigger size on hand.
- Be careful with your nails. I still take a hot bath every night and do lots of dishes, but I’m careful not to use my nails to open things.
- If a nail pops off, keep some nail glue on hand, and apply a couple of drops to put it back on.
- Removal is actually pretty easy. Peel them off starting at the sides, and the glue comes off pretty easily. I never use acetone or anything.
Great for teens and for special occasions!
Maybe you don’t love the idea of press-ons, or you don’t want to keep them on longer than one night. These are great for proms, weddings, and for other special occasions. They’re much less expensive than salon nails and so easy to do yourself. My tween daughter and her friends like putting these on when they have sleepovers as a fun activity!
I can do my nails anywhere!
I’m so busy, if I can multi-task at my kid’s baseball game and do my nails at the same time, I’m in! I’m like a pro now, and I can do them in under ten minutes! I love that there’s no drying time, and I can apply the nails quickly and move on with my day!
Check out the fun storage idea my sidekick has for her Impress Nails!
You’ll always have leftover nails when buying a pack, so it’s a good idea to save them to possibly use later! Here, Mary is storing hers in a Dollar Tree clear craft storage box! So smart!
Where’s the best place to buy Impress Nails?
You can find these great nails in most grocery, drugstores, and big-box retailers.
- I usually pick them up at my local grocery store Fry’s (Kroger) for around $5-6.
- Walgreens sells them, and sometimes you can catch a great BOGO 50% off sale.
- Target and Walmart have them, too!
Lina (firstname.lastname@example.org) loves cooking new recipes, thrift store shopping, and DIY home decor projects.
Check out why my sidekick Emily prefers a manicure using Kiss Nails!