Here are the Reasons Why a Bidet Will Be Your New Best Friend!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Save the toilet paper! 🧻
It’s time to embrace the idea of having a bidet! While they look just like a toilet, they’re so much more than that. They do such an exceptional job of cleaning your nether regions, the amount of toilet paper squares you can cut down on will be significant. In fact, a shiny new bidet seat will even be cheaper in the long run after eliminating the need for all that toilet paper.
Here are more benefits of using a bidet:
- Bidets are made to be blissful. Many models offer water and seat temperature settings alongside a warm air dryer function. Some even use motion sensors to light up at night! And because bidet seats attach to your existing toilet, your business stays in the bowl.
- You don’t need soap between showers. Warm water does the trick. Besides, regular use of harsh and abrasive soaps to clean yourself can result in infection, skin ruptures, and inflammation.
- You don’t need a plumber to install a bidet. Bidet seat models simply plug into your standard GFCI outlet and use the existing water connection to your toilet tank. This gives you convenience without having to worry about taking the hot water from someone else’s shower.
- Prepare to never want to travel again. Your first bidet experience will likely be a little weird, but we assure you that you’ll quickly get used to the heated toilet seat, warm water cleansings, AND having a warm air-dryer – you’ll never want to leave home.
A few tips before you buy a bidet:
- Don’t use harsh chemicals on your toilet seat. Because these seats are often high-quality plastic, use gentle cleansers and no harsh abrasives.
- Don’t use the bidet if you’re not seated on it. These things are sanitary, but they’re not something you goof around with.
- The remote doesn’t work through walls. Don’t expect to use the remote for pranks! Most of the remotes are infrared, so they only work from within the room.
- Don’t stand on the toilet seat. The seats are largely constructed of plastic, so while they’re super sturdy, you’re likely to break your lid if you place a great amount of weight in the middle of one.
- Hide your bidet. Our bidet is actually tucked away in our master bathroom to keep the kids away.
Who doesn’t want to emerge from the bathroom with a fresh bottom, and have a toilet seat that’s as heart-warming as it is cheek warming? That’s the power of the thing – and saving on toilet paper.
Here are our 3 top recommendations for bidet seats on Amazon:
1. Our favorite affordable bidet seat.
- Bio Bidet Slim ONE Smart Toilet Seat – $179.99
If you’re looking for a bidet with just enough to get the job done and a great, affordable price to boot, this one will be just what you need for your home. The self-cleaning nozzle allows for easy maintenance and longer life and there’s even a built-in night light for easy use any time of day or night.
“After returning from a trip to Asia where 3 of my hotels had electric bidets, I decided it was time to catch up to the cleanliness standards of more advanced societies. I had experience with a variety of seats and options and decided that the only things I care about in a washlet are:
1. Warm water (It took me a day to figure out that one of the seats I used had the heater turned off!)
2. Adjustable sprayer position
3. Adjustable spray pressure
4. Warm seat
The Slim ONE has it all, and a few things I don’t need – like a turbo feature and the bowl light. I’m very happy with it overall and it was easy to install.” – Benjamin ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2. Our favorite mid-range bidet seat.
This bidet comes in an elongated or rounded style. It’s extremely easy to install yourself and the luxury features on the side panel offer massage, wide clean, bubble infusion, self-clean, and so much more! While it goes without saying this bidet improves overall hygiene, it also can do posterior washing and feminine washing when needed. It’s even considered to be kid-friendly!
“I absolutely LOVE this thing and I’ve decided to buy 2 more for the other toilets in my house. The installation is straight-forward and fairly easy with very few tools required. I would recommend a plumber’s wrench and not much else. The operation is straight-forward and simple, and best of all, my mother in law is TERRIFIED of this thing, and will not go near it, so naturally, I will be installing one on all of my toilets and removing toilet paper as an option from the house.” – Mike ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
3. Our favorite spendy bidet seat.
Say hello to the Lexus of toilet seat bidets. This 3-in-1 stainless steel nozzle offers posterior, feminine, and vortex washes and features a streamlined comfort-adjustable heated slow-closing seat and water. You get an oscillating wide clean and pulsating bubble infusion, and a built-in heater, for continuous warm water. And since it uses a black or white wireless remote the design is much sleeker than others on the market.
“I bought an electronic bidet because it’s better for the environment and much cleaner (and cheaper) than using a ton of toilet paper. After using it, I absolutely love it! Going back to just toilet paper feels like returning to the Stone Age. No thanks!” – Steve ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐