Try This Easy 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake for One Hack!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s how to turn cake mix from the pantry into a light and fluffy mug cake for one. This is an easy baking tip that works brilliantly!
Need a quick no hassle dessert to try?!
Make a delicious sweet cake in the microwave in just one minute using only a couple of ingredients! If you’re craving a small and quick treat, you are gonna love this brilliant 3-2-1 method for making a yummy mug cake.
This quick mug cake idea holds some nostalgia for me.
When my now older kids were little, I had fun making this with them. In fact, they actually taught this to me as one of their teachers kept the supplies in the classroom and used the mug cakes as classroom incentive treats.
The result is a delicious individual mug cake with a light fluffy texture that’s easy and fast to make when a sweet tooth is calling. Feel free experiment with all the various boxed cake flavors- YUM!
Angel food cake mix is the secret to making this mug cake a “2-ingredient” recipe!
Simply start by combining a boxed angel food cake mix with any other flavor of boxed cake mix. Angel food cake has powdered eggs which will allow you to skip adding additional eggs and yield a very fluffy light texture cake.
This is actually a very popular Weight Watchers idea and I believe it’s 5 points and around 100 calories without frosting, according to readers in the comments.
3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 2 MINUTES
cook time: 1 MINUTES
total time: 3 MINUTES
Make this easy microwave mug cake recipe within one minute!
- 3 tablespoons of angel food cake mixed with traditional cake mix (1 1/2 tablespoons of each)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- top with sprinkles, frosting, whipped cream as desired etc.
Tips for making the best individual mug cake for one:
- Consider pouring both cake mixes in a gallon storage bag or storage container, mix thoroughly, and store to have on hand for future mug cakes.
- The cake mixture should last up to 3 months stored in the pantry, or longer in the fridge, according to bakinghow.com.
- Make sure to use a large enough microwave-safe mug or baking ramekin like mine so that your cake won’t bubble over in the microwave as it expands. The size I am using is 8 oz. and seems to be perfect.
- I suggest spraying the mug or ramekin with a nonstick baking spray first for easy cleanup.