3 Ingredient Sweet and Sour Meatballs (Easy Slow Cooker Meal Idea)
Have a bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer?
Here’s how you can turn them into a super easy 3 ingredient Crock-Pot slow cooker recipe idea! These delicious cranberry chili meatballs require just a few common pantry and freezer ingredients and take just a few hours in the slow cooker.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Sometimes I’ll add a few red pepper flakes for more spice. You could really use this as a base and add more spices and flavors if desired. I sometimes squeeze a little fresh orange juice for a yummy citrus flavor.
- I’ve included the slow cooker directions, but this works on the stovetop too if you add all ingredients to a pot, heat on med/low stirring frequently for about 20 minutes until the frozen meatballs are heated through.
- This can easily be made into a meal by serving the meatballs with rice and steamed veggies.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 3 HOURS
total time: 3 HOURS 10 MINUTES
This easy 3-ingredient recipe results in a delicious sweet and tangy slow cooked sauce!
- 32 oz. frozen pre-cooked meatballs (or make your own)
- 14 oz. can cranberry sauce
- 12 oz. chili sauce
My kids seem to be extra picky when it comes to slow cooker meals, however – they LOVE this meal.
Someone asked my son recently what was the best thing I make and he replied: “Cranberry Meatballs” which is pretty funny since this is so simple. The sauce is a little sweet and tangy – and it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s so quick to prepare, that I’m calling it a win! 😋