These 3 Ingredient Cranberry Crockpot Meatballs are a Family Favorite!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Check out these delicious Crockpot sweet and sour meatballs!
Have a bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer?
Here’s how you can turn them into a super easy 3 ingredient CrockPot recipe idea! These delicious cranberry chili sweet and sour meatballs require just a few common pantry and freezer ingredients and take just a few hours in the Crockpot slow cooker.
Use this easy slow cooker recipe as a game-day appetizer or meal idea!
Cranberry slow cooker meatballs can be served up as a simple party appetizer with toothpicks for people to grab and eat. Or consider serving them as a cheap dinner idea! They can easily be made into a meal with rice and steamed veggies. I typically add broccoli to the slow cooker near the end of cook time.
The sauce has a sweet and sour taste that is honestly irresistible and this has become a family favorite using pantry and freezer ingredients. It’s not fancy, but in a pinch when you need an easy frugal dinner, this recipe comes in handy!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 3 HOURS
total time: 3 HOURS 10 MINUTES
This easy 3-ingredient recipe results in a delicious sweet and tangy slow cooked sauce!
Hip recipe tips for these slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs:
- I love making rice in my Insignia rice cooker alongside this to make things even easier to build a meal!
- We love the cranberry sauce & chili sauce combo, however, another very popular variation of this idea is to use grape jelly and BBQ sauce. We’ve made that in the past as an easy appetizer, too.
- Sometimes, I’ll add a few red pepper flakes for more spice. You could really use this as a base and add more spices and flavors if desired. I sometimes squeeze a little fresh orange juice for a yummy citrus flavor.
- Recently I have been adding my favorite orange ginger seasoning for added flavor – so good!
- I’ve included the slow cooker directions, but this works on the stovetop, too. Add all ingredients to a pot, and heat on medium/low stirring frequently for about 20 minutes until the frozen meatballs are heated through.
My kids are picky with slow cooker meals, but they LOVE this meal.
Someone asked my son recently what was the best thing I make and he replied, “cranberry meatballs” which is pretty funny since this is so simple.
The sauce is so darn GOOD and it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s so quick to prepare, that I’m calling it a win! 😋