7 Layer Tortilla Pie (Meatless Monday Recipe)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Fan of meatless family meals?
Sometimes it’s a struggle to figure out easy meals that everyone will enjoy and this one was a winner for my kids! Tortilla pie is a comforting dish to make any day of the week! Plus it’s an impressive dish that uses inexpensive pantry staples which result in a delicious Mexican-inspired dinner, with all the melted goodness everyone craves.
Easy to Customize For Your Hungry Crew
Add different varieties of beans depending on what you have on hand and consider throwing in canned corn, jalapeños, sour cream, black olives, and/or chopped green onions. Make it as spicy as you’d like and, of course, you can always add shredded chicken in case that’s what your family prefers!
7 Layer Tortilla Pie
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Mexican dish layered pie recipe that is full of yummy ingredients for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 7 – 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 – 15 oz. can pinto beans drained + 1/2 teaspoon cumin & 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained + 1/2 teaspoon cumin & 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 – 10 oz. can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 8 oz. package Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided (reserve half of cheese for top of pie and divide the rest to sprinkle on top of 4 individual layers of beans)
- 3/4 cup fresh guacamole (pictured is from Albertson’s deli)
This idea truly isn’t really tedious cooking per se, but instead compiling a last-minute dinner the family can dig into using what you most likely have on hand. Sort of an upgrade to melting a simple quesadilla! Enjoy!