Best Ever Banana Pudding Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love bananas and want a delicious dessert to share with friends and family?
You’ve gotta try one of my very favorite potluck dessert recipes EVER – this easy banana pudding! The best part is, it’s simple to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge before serving. Fresh bananas, pudding, and shortbread cookies come together in just a few minutes to form this delicious no-bake dessert guaranteed to please a crowd.
Hip tips when making this Best Ever Banana Pudding Recipe:
- Open your Chessmen cookie packages before starting. Use any broken cookies on the bottom layer, and save the pretty cookies for the top! You can also use Vanilla Wafers instead of Chessmen if desired.
- Not a Cool whip fan? Use Tru-Whip instead! It’s found in the frozen foods section at the grocery store and has no hydrogenated oils or high-fructose corn syrup.
- Keep bananas from browning using Ball Fruit-Fresh. If brown bananas bother you, try using Fruit-Fresh to slow the process. You can also try using bananas that are barely ripe and still very firm.
- Make walking banana pudding using snack-sized nilla wafer packages! It would be great for entertaining, or maybe even as a creative camping dessert.
Best Ever Banana Pudding
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Get ready to enjoy the BEST banana dessert ever! The cookies get soft and almost cake like, for an incredible no-bake dessert idea.
- 6-8 bananas, sliced
- 2 packages of Cheesman Cookies or Nilla Wafers 7.25 oz.
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. bar of cream cheese, softened
- 5 oz. package of Vanilla Instant Jell-O Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz. whipped topping, or equivalent in whipped cream
Everyone goes BANANAS for this dessert!
You’ll want to keep the recipe handy because folks will ask how you made this banana masterpiece! I love how this tastes after it has been in the fridge because the shortbread cookies soften – it’s almost like refrigerator cake.
We made this for my daughter’s birthday because she LOVES bananas. It was such a big hit! Enjoy!