Make the Best Ever Banana Pudding Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Celebrate all occasions with the best ever banana pudding!
Love bananas and want a delicious dessert to share with friends and family?
You’ve gotta try one of my very favorite potluck dessert recipes EVER – this easy Southern-style banana pudding from Paula Dean! The best part is that it’s simple to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge before serving.
Fresh bananas, creamy pudding, and shortbread cookies come together in just a few minutes to form this delicious no-bake dessert guaranteed to please a crowd. It’s the perfect time to dive in and give this recipe a try!
The result is a creamy dessert with soft cookies that’s the perfect combo with the cream cheese and bananas. It’s honestly become such a family favorite!
Hip tips when making this Best Ever Banana Pudding Recipe:
- Open your Chessmen cookie packages before starting. Use any broken cookies on the bottom layer, and save the pretty cookies for the top! You can also use Vanilla Wafers instead of Chessmen if desired. Graham crackers would also work!
- Not a Cool whip fan? Use Tru-Whip instead! It’s found in the frozen foods section at the grocery store and has no hydrogenated oils or high-fructose corn syrup. You could also whip up 2 cups of heavy cream instead to make homemade whipped cream instead!
- Keep bananas from browning using Ball Fruit-Fresh. If brown bananas bother you, try using Fruit-Fresh to slow the process. You can also try using bananas that are barely ripe and still very firm.
- Make walking banana pudding using snack-sized nilla wafer packages! It would be great for entertaining, or maybe even as a creative camping dessert.
- Try using Neufchâtel cheese for a little fewer calories than regular cream cheese! If sweetened condensed milk is too sweet for your liking, try evaporated milk instead. I have also used half the can of the sweetened condensed milk, and it’s still sweet enough!
- If you have bananas leftover from this recipe that get too ripe, check out these seven best ways to use them!
Best Ever Banana Pudding
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES
total time: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES
Get ready to enjoy the BEST banana dessert ever! The cookies get soft and almost cake-like, for an incredible no-bake dessert idea.
Everyone goes BANANAS for this dessert!
You’ll want to keep the recipe handy because folks will ask how you made this banana masterpiece! I love how this tastes after it has been in the fridge because the shortbread cookies soften – it’s almost like refrigerator cake.
We made this for my daughter’s birthday one year because she LOVES bananas. It was such a big hit and has now become one of our “go-to” favorite special occasion desserts. I love that it’s very simple to make that my now older kids can make it themselves!
Can’t get enough banana? Try out our Nutella swirl banana bread next!