Fun and Easy Walking Banana Pudding Dessert Idea
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Want a fun and easy banana pudding dessert idea?
We’ve all heard of walking tacos made with ground taco meat and toppings served in portable chip bags, but have you heard of the dessert version – the walking banana pudding dessert?!
Today I’m sharing the idea of serving one of my favorite desserts, banana pudding, in individual snack-sized bags of Mini Nilla Wafers. It’s such a fun way to serve pudding! It would be great for entertaining, or maybe even as a creative camping dessert this summer. The mix of bananas, pudding, and wafers combine into a creamy sweet treat all will love!
- Use your favorite banana pudding recipe! I’m sharing a pared-down version of this popular banana pudding, however, feel free to use your favorite pudding recipe to make these.
- Eat right away or make ahead of time. If entertaining, make earlier in the day (or the night before) and store in the fridge for later. The cookies will soften, and it’s a yummy texture!
- Slow the browning of sliced fresh bananas by sprinkling Ball Fruit Fresh or lemon juice on the fruit. Here’s why I love using Fruit Fresh in the kitchen.
- Set the snack-sized bags of wafers in a baking dish to put them together. You’ll be adding layers of pudding, bananas, and wafers. Once filled, it will be easier to stand the bags upright.
- Serve with plastic spoons or forks.
Walking Banana Pudding
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Layers of creamy pudding, mini vanilla wafers, and sliced banana are served in portable snack bags as a YUMMY and cute dessert!
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. whipped topping
- 10 individually-wrapped snack-sized Nilla Wafers bags
- optional topping: whipped cream and cherries
To a medium-sized bowl, whisk together vanilla instant pudding and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes
In a small bowl, use a handheld mixer to combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Add this mixture to the pudding.
Use the mixer to whip up the pudding and cream cheese mixture for about 5-10 seconds or so. Then fold in the whipped topping.
Empty about 3/4 of the cookies into each of the 10 bags of wafers and place them all together in a separate bowl.
Slice the bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice or Ball Fruit Fresh. If you don't mind slightly brown bananas, just skip this step.
To make: Add a couple of tablespoons of pudding to one bag, followed by a few slices of bananas and a few cookies. Repeat those layers again, and then do that for each bag until you've used up all the pudding, cookies, and bananas. It worked out perfectly for me, and this made 10 bags of pudding.
Serve right away or store in the fridge for a few hours if you'd like the cookies to soften. Add whipped cream and a cherry if desired right before serving. Enjoy!
Verdict: We loved this portable banana pudding idea!
If you love delicious banana pudding, try this – my kids loved it! What a fun way to serve this popular dessert, and no dishes to do afterward! I think this would be fun to make and take tailgating for game day, too.
Also try making Walking S’mores for camping and cookouts!
I love this idea!!!😍 Looks delicious!!😋