Nutella Swirl Banana Bread is the Baking Therapy We All Need!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have some over-ripe bananas and want to do some baking?
If you’re a Nutella fan, try baking some delicious homemade banana bread with a swirl of gooey chocolate Nutella! This bread is simple to compile, comes out of the oven super soft and moist, and has the winning combination of bananas and hazelnut chocolate!
Baking is great therapy, too! If you’re stressed, this recipe is easy and soothing! 😄
Hip Recipe Tips:
- This recipe makes two loaves of bread, so if you’re wanting to just make one loaf, simply use half of the ingredients, and continue with directions.
- One cool tip I found on Pinterest that works for getting butter to room temperature quickly is to heat a glass cup and place it over the stick of butter. It works!
- Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread is so delicious, and I love it with this bread. If there is a nut allergy in your family, you can omit and maybe stir chocolate chips into the batter before baking. You could also melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals and swirl it in the batter as shown as another option.
- Don’t skip the step about greasing your loaf pans. Add a little flour and tap the pan around in all directions so it distributes the flour all around the inside. This will ensure no sticking.
- I have made this bread using all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour – and both turn out yummy! I would imagine you could also opt to use your favorite gluten-free flour.
- No eggs? For each egg, try mixing 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2.5 tablespoons of water, and it will form an egg-like substance for baking. For more egg substitute ideas, check out this post on our sister site, Hip2Keto.
Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
cook time: 60 MINUTES
total time: 60 MINUTES
Here's a perfectly moist and sweet banana bread recipe with a swirl of hazelnut spread as a yummy treat or breakfast idea!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup Hazelnut Spread (such as Nutella), melted
Seriously…. this is so YUM!
What an incredible treat, and a yummy way to use up bananas that are getting too brown. I love how easy the process is to make quick breads like this. I also love that this is a fun baking activity to do with the kids. Doing the swirly part is especially exciting, and the results are beautiful and oh so tasty.
There’s something super comforting about baking, and this banana bread doesn’t disappoint!