Make These TikTok Famous Crispy Roasted Potato Bites!
Make crispy roasted potatoes in the oven using this Hasselback potato technique and yummy parmesan garlic oil!
Potato fans will LOVE these crispy roasted potato bites!
If you’re craving a legit crispy, crunchy potato snack without frying, this is the easy recipe for you. I recently tried making my own version of this popular TikTok trend. The process involves slicing potatoes into squares much like Hasselback potatoes, brushing them with a simple olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese mixture, and then baking them to browned perfection!
The results are insanely delicious, and truthfully so crispy you’d think they are fried!
It does take 40 minutes total to bake, but the wait is worth it, and this pan of potato bites was gone in just a few minutes with my hungry crew! By slicing the crisscrossed cuts on the top of the potato bites, it allows the parmesan olive oil mixture to get inside to create a satisfying crunch.
You could make these as a special snack by themselves or serve them alongside a burger or steak for a drool-worthy side dish!
Tips for making the best crispy roasted potato bites:
- Don’t forget to prepare the sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean-up. The olive oil mixture sort of pools around each bite, which makes them crispy and sizzling on the pan. It would be a messy clean-up without the paper I think.
- Use a pair of chopsticks or wood skewers like I did to make the crisscrossed cuts on the potatoes so it doesn’t slice through it completely.
- You can change up the ingredients as desired and use butter instead of oil, or use any combination of fresh or dried herbs your family would enjoy.
- I use my handy garlic press any chance I get as it makes adding fresh garlic to any recipe so easy and quick, and I highly recommend it!
Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Get crispy roasted potatoes in the oven using this Hasselback potato technique and brushing on a yummy parmesan garlic oil!
- 3 medium sized russet potatoes (or two large ones)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ohhh myyy… these roasted potato bites are so tasty!
The taste and crunchy texture is perfection. 🤩 My sheet pan made about 24 pieces. These will be gone in a flash so if you have a larger family, definitely consider making two sheet pans worth, because man this is a YUMMY way to serve potatoes!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about these crispy potatoes:
“Let me just start off by saying these are AWESOME! So fun to make and full of flavor! The kids were all over these! I ended up making a second batch right away. Plus – these cost like nothing to make, and with a big bag of potatoes, you can make a ton. I love how the parmesan, garlic, and parsley are all mixed into the oil and brushed on, so easy and yum!”