Here’s the Ultimate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe to Try!
Anyone here LOVE peanut butter?
Oh man… creamy peanut butter is one of my family’s favorite food groups! Today I’m sharing a delicious homemade peanut butter chocolate pie for an easy dessert idea that’s also super simple to make using just 7 ingredients. I have made this a couple of times for birthdays and special occasions, and it’s seriously a winner and crowd pleaser!
This luscious peanut butter pie is what dreams are made of!
Honestly, you’ll want to just eat the fluffy whipped cream cheese filling by itself! It turns out so rich and creamy with a delicious chocolate cookie crust and mini chocolate chips on top. If you love a chocolate peanut butter combo, this pie is the way to go!
I first discovered this recipe on FoodNetwork.com by The Pioneer Woman and thought it was the best! I do make a few changes, such as using chocolate wafer cookies instead of Oreos for the crust because I found it a bit difficult to cut and serve. I also use a bit less sugar because the peanut butter and Cool Whip are pretty sweet on their own, and I like to add mini chocolate chips to the top.
All of these aspects can definitely be modified to suit your taste. I think chocolate bar slivers would be yummy and pretty on top too!
Tips for making the best peanut butter pie:
- I enjoy the use of Cool Whip or Tru Whip here as I love the texture. You can also consider swapping it for a cup of homemade whipped cream.
- The chocolate wafer cookies can usually be found in the grocery store in the cookie aisle, but chocolate graham crackers or crushed Oreos can be used instead.
- I crushed the cookies quickly in my Vitamix blender to make the chocolate cookie crumb crust, however, a food processor would work to make the crumbs as well!
- The original directions say to chill for an hour in the fridge. That consistency is rather soft like pudding and doesn’t really cut into slices. I actually like to freeze it for a few hour hours instead.
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 6 MINUTES
total time: 21 MINUTES
Chocolate cookie crust with a rich, whipped cream cheese and peanut butter filling... oh my! Such a decadent pie all will love.
For the chocolate cookie crust:
- 30 wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the pie filling:
Oh my gosh make this peanut butter pie ASAP!
It’s perfect for a birthday or to take to a BBQ, and everyone will LOVE it. I like simple ideas that turn out awesome, and my family is pretty obsessed with this pie. I actually made it the day before, stuck it in the freezer, and then let it thaw out for a bit on the counter to soften before serving – and it’s SO PERFECT!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about this peanut butter pie:
“It’s wild that this pie is just a few ingredients! I am a bit of a pie fanatic and this is awesome. Peanut butter and chocolate just belong together, right?? I love the use of the wafers for the crust and it all comes together so beautifully. The chocolate chips on top give it a little something extra and I could eat that pie filling all day… YUM! The kids all give this 2 thumbs up (and requested a second piece).”