Chicken Ramen Alfredo is the Best Ramen Recipe You’ll Try This Year (Under $10 to Make!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a delicious budget meal the entire family will love? This creamy chicken alfredo idea is the best ramen recipe we’ve tried!
Elevate ordinary ramen noodles into an exciting meal for under $10!
Our readers have been asking for some easy & affordable meal ideas, so I’m sharing a unique dinner idea my family recently tried and loved.
This is a satisfying comforting skillet meal with noodles and chicken that is easy enough to throw together on busy weeknights pulling common ingredients you may already have in the pantry and fridge.
Chicken Ramen Alfredo | Best Ramen Recipe
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Packets of ramen noodles get transformed into homemade creamy Alfredo with chicken.
- 4 packets ramen noodles, chicken flavor, seasoning packets separated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz. can cooked chicken, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional garnish)
Tips for making the best ramen alfredo recipe:
- I recommend using only 2 of the chicken seasoning packets and tasting the sauce before proceeding with more. They do have a strong chicken flavor and are pretty salty, so I felt like two was perfect!
- Be sure to lower the heat when adding the cheese and melting the sauce to lessen the chance of it separating. Reserve some of the noodle water to add it back in if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Feel free to add veggies to this skillet meal. I was thinking a handful of fresh spinach or a bag of frozen peas or broccoli could be delicious and easy.
- I used canned chicken because it’s inexpensive and easy to keep on hand in the pantry. You can use grilled chicken instead, swap for shrimp, or omit the protein altogether.
My kids really enjoyed this “fancy” ramen!
The creamy cheesy sauce texture goes perfectly with ramen noodles and I loved adding chopped parsley for a fresh element. If you’re looking for an easy skillet dinner, definitely give this ramen alfredo a try. It’s perfect for busy nights when you don’t really have a plan and want something fast and low effort. 😉
My teammate Chelsey made this ramen recipe for her family and here’s what she said:
“This recipe is not only super easy to make and inexpensive, but it also makes a TON of food! My husband has dubbed it the ‘leftover alfredo’ because there are so many ways that you can switch it up including adding spinach, rotisserie chicken, sun-dried tomatoes… basically anything leftover in your fridge that needs to be used up. I also love that it uses ingredients that you might already have on hand or are able to use in other ways, such as the half & half that can go in your coffee or the parmesan cheese that’s great on, well, everything! Definitely give this recipe a try!”