Introducing Tot-Chos: Crispy Tater Tot Nachos!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a fun way to serve yummy nachos!
Try turning a bag of frozen tater tots into a delicious appetizer or easy dinner idea by using them to make melted cheesy nachos, or “tot-chos” with all the fixins! It’s a creative idea all will love and it’s super easy to top with all your favorite nacho ingredients.
I especially love this simple idea for game day, as it would be super easy to make and create a mini nacho bar for everyone to top with their own favorite add-ins.
- Include nacho toppings your family loves! Use crispy tater tots as a fun base for nachos, and then you can completely customize the rest of your ingredients according to taste.
- For heartier nachos, add taco seasoned ground meat and beans. I’m using my favorite Ranch Style beans, but you can use any style bean you prefer such as black beans or pinto beans.
Easy Tater Tot Nachos
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Make nachos using crispy tater tots for a fun twist on traditional nachos.
- 28 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can Ranch style beans, drained
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
- 1 avocado, chopped
- sour cream and salsa, as desired
These cheesy nacho taters are so yummy!
My kids loved this idea, and I appreciate easy crowd-pleaser ideas that contain simple pantry and freezer ingredients like this! You can make “Tot-chos” as an appetizer, and of course as a simple dinner idea, too- YUM!