Make the Best Homemade Taco Seasoning With This Easy Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get more flavor for less money with this homemade taco seasoning recipe!
Use taco seasoning often?
It’s actually really simple and quick to make your own taco seasoning at home – plus it tastes better! Compiling your own homemade taco seasoning recipe is an easy way to save money and it’s a much healthier option when compared to the pre-packaged versions that you buy at the store.
If you find that you frequently use taco seasoning in your kitchen, then it’s totally worth it to whip up your own version from scratch. We often have taco night at our house, so this homemade taco seasoning has definitely become a staple in my kitchen!
Hip tips for making homemade taco seasoning:
- Check out your dollar store for spices to save money! Dollar Tree has many of the spices you’ll need to make homemade taco seasoning, and they’re all just a dollar! If you have a Dollar Tree near you, check there first when buying your spices. This could save you a good bit of money!
- Add or subtract amounts to customize for your family! This recipe is extremely customizable and very easy to cater to your family’s taste. For example, if you like things spicier, try adding more red pepper flakes.
- Double the recipe to make a REALLY larger batch! This recipe already makes a pretty large batch of taco seasoning – enough to season 5-6 pounds of meat. But I always try to make a double batch so it lasts me even longer. Once you taste this homemade taco seasoning, it will be something you’ll always want to have on hand. You’ll never want to buy those little packets at the store again!
- Looking for a genius way to store spices? Check out this damage-free Command shelf I have in my pantry. I love mine!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Make this tasty homemade taco seasoning to use in your taco recipes!
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Use this homemade taco seasoning recipe to make these EASY dishes: