Make the Best Homemade Taco Seasoning With This Easy Recipe
Use taco seasoning often?
It’s actually really simple and quick to make your own taco seasoning at home – plus it tastes better! Compiling your own homemade taco seasoning recipe is an easy way to save money and is a much healthier option when compared to the pre-packaged versions that you buy at the store.
We often have taco night, so this homemade taco seasoning has definitely become a staple in our home!
Hip tips for making homemade taco seasoning:
- Check out your dollar store for spices to save money! Dollar Tree has many of the spices you need to make homemade taco seasoning, so you may want to check there first.
- Add or subtract amounts to customize for your family! This idea is super easy to cater to your family’s taste. Perhaps you like things spicier, so add more red pepper flakes.
- Double the recipe to make a REALLY larger batch! This recipe already makes a pretty large batch of taco seasoning – enough to season 5-6 pounds of meat – so you’ll never want or need to buy those little packets at the store again!
- Looking for a genius way to store spices? Check out this damage-free Command shelf I have in my pantry and love!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Make this tasty homemade taco seasoning to use in your taco recipes!
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Use homemade taco seasoning in these EASY recipes: