10-Minute Kid Approved Sloppy Joes
If you struggle finding easy dinner ideas that appeal to both the kids and adults in your family, try this yummy no fuss Homemade Sloppy Joes idea! It’s a simple, last-minute meal that’s easy to throw together in a rush and uses common pantry ingredients to make a deliciously thick and flavorful sauce.
Make these delicious kid-approved Sloppy Joes that come together in a few minutes for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rolls for Serving
Slow Cooker Directions:
Brown meat with onion, and bell pepper on the stove in a large skillet. Drain grease if necessary. Place meat in slow cooker and stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic powder, and water. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Sometimes I’ll prep this dinner in the afternoon, put it in a smaller casserole size slow cooker and it’ll be ready to go by dinner time. This is especially helpful if you attend sports after school and want to come home to a warm ready to serve meal.
- This is one of those recipes that’s easy to adjust to your family’s taste and also can be made by experimenting with BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, ect. After awhile you don’t even have to measure.
- Need to feed a crowd on a budget? Easily double or triple this recipe and place in slow cooker to keep warm for sandwiches! Sloppy Joes make yummy football watching food!