10-Minute Kid Approved Sloppy Joes
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need an easy one-skillet meal idea?
It’s a weeknight and your crew is HUNGRY! What do you make that’s quick, delicious, and something all will enjoy? Try this yummy no-fuss homemade sloppy joe recipe idea that’s a favorite in our house! It’s a simple, last minute meal that’s easy to throw together in a rush and uses common pantry ingredients.
Our family loves sloppy joes!
The result is a hearty sandwich with deliciously thick and flavorful sauce kids and adults can get on board with! My kids can be super picky eaters, and with this simple meal, there are never any complaints!
Hip Tips for making these 10-minute sloppy joes:
- Prep ahead: Make sloppy joes in a small slow cooker, and then just keep them warm until dinner. Super easy!
- Use ground beef or ground turkey: Either of those would taste great for this meal.
- It’s so easy that sometimes I just wing it and don’t measure the ingredients! This is one of those recipes that’s easy to adjust to your family’s taste and it can also be made by experimenting with BBQ sauce, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, etc. After a while, you don’t even have to measure!
- Need to feed a crowd on a budget? Easily double or triple this recipe and place it in the slow cooker to keep warm for sandwiches! Sloppy Joe sandwiches make yummy football-watching food! You can even set them out with Hawaiian rolls to serve as small sliders.
10 Minute Sloppy Joes
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Make these delicious kid-approved Sloppy Joes that come together in a few minutes for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- rolls for serving
Alternative Slow Cooker Directions:
- Brown the meat with onion and bell pepper on the stove in a large skillet. Drain grease if necessary.
- Place meat in slow cooker and stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic powder, and water. Stir, cover, and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Assemble your sandwiches as desired.
Such an easy, comforting meal!
I served this again last night with some veggies and cut up a watermelon as a quick meal before an evening of sports, and my son said he loved this more than burgers! I call that a winning recipe. 🏆