Taco Rice and Beans One-Skillet Casserole (Easy Dinner)
This Taco Rice & Beans One-Skillet Casserole is an easy dinner your whole family will love!
Need an easy one-skillet meal that the whole family will get excited for?! If your hungry crew loves Mexican-inspired meals, make this family favorite taco rice and beans one-skillet casserole.
Yep, one-pot meals are my jam, and if you’re a busy person just trying to get a decent meal on the table – like me – you’ve gotta give this delicious dinner a try!
It all starts with yummy taco meat!
Brown ground beef with a taco seasoning. Try this yummy homemade taco seasoning I usually use! It tastes delicious, and it’s handy to have in the spice cabinet! You can grab a store-bought packet of seasoning, too.
Then all we have to do is mix in the beef broth, can of Rotel, beans, rice, and corn! Let that simmer for about 15 minutes, and then you’ll be ready to add cheese and dig into a YUMMY meal! I love that this Taco Skillet requires mostly easy-to-find pantry staples and is affordable, too!
Taco Rice and Beans One-Skillet Casserole
yield: 6 SERVINGS
Comforting ground beef taco dish with rice and beans that's sure to please everyone in your family!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (RECIPE HERE)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup beef broth
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes and chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- juice of one lime
- 2 cups shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- handful of chopped cilantro
- fresh sliced avocado
Hip tips for making Rice and Beans One-skillet Casserole:
- I used parboiled long-grain rice, which gave a perfect taste/texture. You can use different rice, but your cook time may be a little longer. Check after 15 minutes, and decide from there.
- I’m using a large 12-inch skillet because this is actually a lot of food!
- If you like things a bit spicier, consider adding a can of spicy green chilies or jalapenos. Yum!
My family loved these cheesy Mexican flavors in a skillet.
Rice and beans are my favorite comfort food for sure! My family devoured this dish! The cheese melted on top of everything takes it over the top. Also, don’t forget the lime juice (we all loved that flavor in this dish). Feel free to add other toppings as desired. We served with cilantro and fresh avocado, and those were YUM.