How to Make Melted Grilled Nachos or Oven Nachos in a Skillet!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These easy layered skillet nachos can be made over a campfire, on a BBQ grill, or in your oven using all your favorite add-ins.
Cheesy nachos are a cinch to compile using a skillet!
Who doesn’t love crispy nachos with layers of melted cheese and toppings?! They are such a delicious appetizer or even an easy dinner to eat while camping, tailgating, or hanging out in your own backyard.
The secret to great nachos is creating them in layers making sure that each chip has cheese, beans, and taco meat. You can really customize them to taste using the various toppings your family would enjoy!
Easy Skillet Oven or Grilled Nachos
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Melted cheese nachos with layers of taco-seasoned ground beef, beans, and other yummy toppings, cooked in a skillet.
Keep these tips in mind when making skillet nachos:
- Grab a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or an oven-safe skillet. You’ll also need some aluminum foil to cover the top of your nachos if you don’t have a lid.
- Prep ahead by cooking the ground beef with a taco seasoning packet, or use this easy recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
- Customize this recipe to your liking. Any of the ingredients can be altered or omitted, and of course, this can be made without meat if desired.
- Split the ingredients into two layers so that you’ll have toppings on all the chips.
- Place this skillet over the campfire or hot coals for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted, or use your BBQ grill on medium heat.
Check out these cast iron nachos! So Cheesy!
These are “nacho” average camping meal! Cooking outside is so much fun! I love unique camping recipes, and this one is such a winner. It’s versatile, it’s easily customized, and the result is an irresistible skillet of zesty nachos that’s sure to be a hit with the entire family!
Here’s a campfire nachos hack!
You can also easily prepare and serve these nachos individually by placing them inside a foil packet. We’ve done this before, and each person enjoyed creating their own combination of toppings to be melted over a campfire or on the grill. It was both a delicious meal and a fun memory of cooking outside with the whole family.
Nachos in the oven rock too!
I created these skillet nachos the other night using the oven and my family was super impressed. You can’t go wrong whether it’s grilling them outside or baking them in the oven. Everyone loves nacho night!