Best Ever Velveeta Queso Dip – Try it on the Grill or in the Oven!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a must-try delicious recipe idea for grilling season!
Consider compiling a melted Velveeta queso dip outdoors on your BBQ grill as a yummy appetizer or snack idea. This queso dip recipe is bursting with flavor from the crumbled chorizo sausage, fresh jalapeño, cilantro, and, of course, lots of yummy Velveeta cheese!
It’s perfect for outdoor entertaining or camping – and is so simple and easy to compile using just 6 ingredients! I even created a video for ya!
This dip is slightly addicting, and oh so good.
The result is an over-the-top spicy and cheesy dip that my family went crazy for, and I think yours will, too. The best part about this Velveeta queso recipe is how easy it is to cater to taste. You can add in beans, bacon, other types of cheese, and really anything else that sounds yummy!
Velveeta Queso Dip
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Here's a spicy Mexican queso dip that's easy to put together and melt on the grill outside. Yum!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 and 1/2 pounds (24 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2- 10 oz. cans Rotel tomatoes and green chiles (liquid included)
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
Here are a few recipe tips when making grilled Velveeta queso dip:
- You can melt this on a grill or a smoker. I made this using our outdoor propane grill, and next time I’m going to try making this as smoked queso using our Traeger pellet grill! In fact, there could be a new Velveeta cheese shortage due to how many folks are making versions of this dip on the Traeger Facebook page! LOL 😉
- If you want to use your oven indoors, bake it at 300 degrees for about 30-35 minutes or so until melted. Stir well before serving.
- This reheated well the next day using the microwave (in case there is leftover queso). If you store it in a covered container in the fridge, it should last a few days.
This Velveeta queso dip melts up so nicely!
I love that this one has tons of flavor, and easy to find ingredients. It’s simple enough for anyone to compile, and it’s so darn yummy and kinda addicting – don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Make sure to buy enough tortilla chips for dipping, as this dip will disappear fast!
My Hip sidekick Jenna gave this recipe a try and here’s what she thought:
“I LOVE everything about this dip! I think my favorite part has to be the addition of the fresh cilantro, it just gives it that little extra something special in addition to all of that melty and yummy cheese! I didn’t feel like firing up the grill so I made this in the oven and it turned out well. So many great flavors in one dip, it was a home run for my family!”