Best Ever Velveeta Queso Dip – Try it on the Grill!
Here’s a must-try delicious recipe idea for grilling season!
Consider compiling a melted Velveeta queso dip outdoors on your BBQ grill as a yummy appetizer or snack idea. This queso dip recipe is bursting with flavor from the crumbled chorizo sausage, fresh jalapeño, cilantro, and, of course, lots of yummy Velveeta cheese!
It’s perfect for outdoor entertaining, or camping – and is so simple and easy to compile using just 6 ingredients! I even created a video for ya!
This dip is slightly addicting, and oh so good.
The result is an over-the-top spicy and cheesy dip that my family went crazy for, and I think yours will, too. The best part about this Velveeta queso recipe, in general, is how easy it is to cater to taste. You can add in beans, bacon, other types of cheese, and really anything else that sounds yummy!
If you don’t want it to be spicy, it’s fine to omit jalapeños, and use taco seasoned ground beef instead of spicy chorizo. Or leave that part out altogether for a meatless option, if desired.
Velveeta Queso Dip on the Grill
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Here's a spicy Mexican queso dip that's easy to put together and melt on the grill outside. Yum!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 and 1/2 pounds (24 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2- 10 oz. cans Rotel tomatoes and green chiles (liquid included)
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
Here are a few recipe tips when making grilled Velveeta queso dip:
- You can melt this on a grill or a smoker. I made this using our outdoor propane grill, and next time I’m going to try making this as smoked queso using our Traeger pellet grill! In fact, there could be a new Velveeta shortage due to how many folks are making versions of this dip on the Traeger Facebook page! LOL 😉
- If you want to use your oven indoors, bake it at 300 degrees for about 30-35 minutes or so until melted. Stir well before serving.
- I am using a disposable foil pan for easy clean-up, but you could also try this recipe out in a cast-iron dutch oven.
- This reheated well the next day using the microwave (in case there is leftover queso). If you store it in a covered container in the fridge, it should last a few days.
This Velveeta queso dip melts up so nicely!
I love that this one has tons of flavor, and easy to find ingredients. It’s simple enough for anyone to compile, and it’s so darn yummy, and kinda addicting – don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Make sure to buy enough tortilla chips for dipping, as this dip will disappear fast!