Black Bean Baked Empanadas & Spanish Rice
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
An empanada, or stuffed turnover, is a wonderful tasting stuffed pastry that is often fried. Empanadas can be sweet or savory and remind me of my grandma’s amazing Latin cooking. As part of our Meatless Meals series, this delicious baked version calls for a store-bought pie crust – a great option when you are short on time! Pair these empanadas with easy Spanish rice and you’ll have an instant crowd-pleasing meal.
Baked Black Bean Empanadas
yield: 20 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make these delicious flavor filled black bean baked empanadas!
- 1/4 cup canned sweet corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa (any variety)
- 1 tsp cumin, salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 pkg (14.1oz) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Optional: Egg white and small packet Sazon Goya seasoning
Recipe adapted from Shugary Sweets
Easy Spanish Rice
adapted from Food.com
This basic rice recipe is so easy and has great flavor without being spicy. My kids loved it, and it’s so much better than the boxed versions! Enjoy 🙂