This Cinnamon Raisin Bread in a Bag Recipe is a Family Favorite & So Easy to Make!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
There’s nothing quite like warm, crisp, fresh-baked bread!
Store-bought bread just doesn’t taste the same as the fresh stuff. If you’re in the baking spirit, you’ve got to try this easy bread in a bag recipe with your family!
My kids devoured our homemade loaf in 2 days, and we’ll definitely be making more soon.
Homemade bread is a tasty and timeless snack!
I remember making bread with my mom growing up, but I don’t remember it taking less than 2 hours like this fun bread in a bag recipe does.
This homemade bread recipe will minimize the mess in your kitchen and make mixing and combining ingredients simpler, especially if your kiddos are helping you make it! With just 30 minutes of cook time, you’ll be biting into a slice of heaven in no time! 🍞
Bread in a bag can be anything you want!
Our bread in a bag recipe was inspired by this simple one on Allrecipes.com, but we jazzed it up with cinnamon and raisins for a sweet and savory twist. You can also go the savory route with some Everything But the Bagel seasoning or just sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Yum!
Homemade bread is surprisingly affordable!
If you’re used to spending $5-$10/week on bread for the family, you can reduce your cost quite a bit by making bread in a bag at home. All of the ingredients can be purchased in bulk so you can make multiple loaves at a time if you need more.
You can also get creative with this simple recipe by adding your favorite seasonings or nuts for a different twist.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread in a Bag
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 55 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
Fresh homemade cinnamon raisin bread made in a freezer bag to minimize the baking mess!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided in thirds (plus extra for flouring surface)
- 4 to 5 tbsp white sugar (depending on how sweet you want your bread)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 oz. package rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons non-fat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp salt
Tips for making bread in a bag:
- Be sure to thoroughly mix the flour, sugar, yeast, and water mixture so you don’t have any chunks in your loaf.
- Leave a small amount of air in the bag (but not too much), so there’s enough room for the ingredients to move around and blend together.
- If you’re not a fan of olive oil, you can use coconut oil or sunflower oil instead.
- To make this homemade bread without a bag, follow the same steps using a separate mixing bowl instead of the bag.
Our homemade bread came out perfectly moist and fluffy, and even tasted great the next morning when we toasted it and smothered it in butter. So good! 🤤
If you have leftover bread that hardens over time, check out this cool hack to make bread soft again!
Want more yummy homemade bread? Try this sour cream banana bread recipe next!