Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe – Great for Game Day!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This award-winning Buffalo chicken dip will become an instant party favorite!
Need an easy appetizer perfect for both football watching and entertaining?
This Frank’s Buffalo chicken dip recipe is a sure winner every time I serve it, and it’s usually gone in just a few minutes! You can make this in the Crockpot or in a casserole dish.
It’s such a delicious way to get all the spicy flavors of Buffalo wings using Frank’s wing sauce, but in a warm, cream cheese dip.
Easy no-fail appetizer recipes are my favorite, and this one is a breeze to whip up and have melted to enjoy for game time. Consider doubling it for larger parties, and be prepared to get asked for the recipe a lot!
Hip tips for making the best Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Prep ahead idea: Mix everything in a casserole dish ahead of time, and put it in the oven 30 minutes before guests arrive. Easy peasy!
- Crockpot directions: Mix ingredients together in a slow cooker and melt on low for about 1-2 hours until warm and the dip starts to bubble around the edges. Keep your slow cooker on the “warm” setting during your party and stir every so often.
- Swap out the ranch for blue cheese: Those in Buffalo, NY swear by the use of blue cheese over ranch, so if you want an authentic Buffalo wing flavor, try replacing the ranch dressing with blue cheese instead.
- You can use leftover grilled chicken breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken. In this recipe, I used prepared packaged chicken, but you can always cook a couple of chicken breasts, chop them up, and use them in this recipe.
- Easily make Buffalo dip a meatless version using a head of cauliflower instead of chicken! Simply cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and roast them on a baking sheet pan until tender. Then you can continue with the recipe using your roasted cauliflower instead of chicken.
- This appetizer is easy to serve low carb and keto! Buffalo dip already has low-carb ingredients, so you can serve it up with celery or other veggie dippers to please the keto crowd!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Here's a winning melted cream cheese and Buffalo sauce dip with chicken and ranch dressing. It'll become an instant party favorite!
Melted gooey cream cheese Buffalo dip is SO GOOD!
I’ve been making this dip for so many years, and it’s a definite family favorite. The layers of cheese and sauces work so well together, and I love the texture and bold flavors.
If you haven’t tried it, it’ll be an instant hit your next gathering for sure!