Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe – Great for Game Day!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This award-winning Buffalo chicken dip will become an instant party favorite!
Need an easy appetizer perfect for both football watching and entertaining?
This Frank’s Buffalo chicken dip recipe is a sure winner every time I serve it, and it’s usually gone in just a few minutes! You can make this in the Crockpot or in a casserole dish.
It’s such a delicious way to get all the spicy flavors of Buffalo wings using Frank’s wing sauce, but in a warm, cream cheese dip.
Easy no-fail appetizer recipes are my favorite, and this one is a breeze to whip up and have melted to enjoy for game time. Consider doubling it for larger parties, and be prepared to get asked for the recipe a lot!
Hip tips for making the best Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Prep ahead idea: Mix everything in a casserole dish ahead of time, and put it in the oven 30 minutes before guests arrive. Easy peasy!
- Crockpot directions: Mix ingredients together in a slow cooker and melt on low for about 1-2 hours until warm and the dip starts to bubble around the edges. Keep your slow cooker on the “warm” setting during your party and stir every so often.
- Swap out the ranch for blue cheese: Those in Buffalo, NY swear by the use of blue cheese over ranch, so if you want an authentic Buffalo wing flavor, try replacing the ranch dressing with blue cheese instead.
- You can use leftover grilled chicken breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken. In this recipe, I used prepared packaged chicken, but you can always cook a couple of chicken breasts, chop them up, and use them in this recipe.
- Easily make Buffalo dip a meatless version using a head of cauliflower instead of chicken! Simply cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and roast them on a baking sheet pan until tender. Then you can continue with the recipe using your roasted cauliflower instead of chicken.
- This appetizer is easy to serve low carb and keto! Buffalo dip already has low-carb ingredients, so you can serve it up with celery or other veggie dippers to please the keto crowd!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Here's a winning melted cream cheese and Buffalo sauce dip with chicken and ranch dressing. It'll become an instant party favorite!
- 2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. pre-cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onion, optional garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a 9x13” pan or similar-sized casserole dish.
Mix the cooked chicken, wing sauce, ranch dressing, and 1 cup of the cheese in a bowl. Spread the mixture on top of the cream cheese. Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Garnish with chopped green onion if desired. Serve the dip warm with tortilla chips or celery sticks. Enjoy!
Melted gooey cream cheese Buffalo dip is SO GOOD!
I’ve been making this dip for so many years, and it’s a definite family favorite. The layers of cheese and sauces work so well together, and I love the texture and bold flavors.
If you haven’t tried it, it’ll be an instant hit your next gathering for sure!
Thank you for posting!! I love having this at my fingertips for football season! Good call, good call!!!! Love hip2save!!
Thank you! Finally trying this recipe out today!!
Oh good! Enjoy Margrett!
I’m from Buffalo NY here and yes please use bleu cheese!!!! It’s the best!
Same here, Amy! I had to make sure that mention of bleu cheese was added to this post 😄 Go Bills!
My favorite dip!!😋
Buffalo NY girl, I used canned chicken before it’s nasty and smells fishy! Put a couple of chicken breast in the oven and cook completely and then shred it. I use ranch blue cheese doesn’t make much of a difference, celery is a must gives it a nice crunch. I always add extra hot sauce because I’m spicy! Lol