Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe (Great for Game Day!)
Need an easy appetizer perfect for both football watching and entertaining?
This Frank’s Buffalo chicken dip recipe is for sure a winner every time I serve it, and it’s usually gone in just a few minutes! You can make this in the Crock-Pot or in a casserole dish. It’s such a delicious way to get all the spicy flavors of Buffalo wings using Frank’s wing sauce, but in a warm, cream cheese dip.
Easy no-fail appetizer recipes are my favorite, and this one is a breeze to whip up and have melted to enjoy for game time. Consider doubling it for larger parties, and be prepared to get asked for the recipe a lot!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Prep ahead idea: Mix everything in a casserole dish ahead of time, and put in the oven 30 minutes before guests arrive.
- Crock-Pot directions: Mix ingredients together in a slow cooker and melt on low for about 1-2 hours until warm and the dip starts to bubble around the edges. Keep on warm during your party and stir every so often.
- Swap out the ranch for bleu cheese: Those in Buffalo, NY swear by the use of bleu cheese over ranch, so if you want an authentic Buffalo wing flavor, try replacing the ranch dressing with bleu cheese instead.
- You can use leftover grilled chicken breasts or shredded chicken. In this recipe, I used prepared packaged chicken, but you can always cook a couple of chicken breasts, chop them up and use in this recipe.
- Easily make Buffalo dip a meatless version using a head of cauliflower instead of chicken! Simply cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and roast them on a baking sheet pan until tender. Then you can continue with the recipe instead of chicken!
- This appetizer is easy to serve low carb and keto! Buffalo dip has low carb ingredients, so you can serve it up with celery or other veggie dippers to please the keto crowd!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
yield: 8 SERVINGS
Here's a winning melted cream cheese and Buffalo sauce dip with chicken and ranch dressing. It'll become an instant party favorite!
- 2- 8oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. pre-cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onion, optional garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
Melted gooey cream cheese Buffalo dip is SO GOOD!
I’ve been making it for so many years and it’s for sure a family favorite. The layers of cheese and sauces work so well together, and I love the texture and bold flavors. It’ll be an instant hit for sure!