Love a good nutty Christmas Candy?
Try this easy FOUR ingredient Cashew Crunch recipe that is both salty & sweet, and of course – super addictive! I love that it’s simple to melt on the stove, spread on a cookie sheet and brake apart for some serious cashew HEAVEN!
It’s a perfect holiday treat to share with loved ones- if there’s any left!
Homemade Cashew Crunch
Recipe slightly adapted from allrecipes.com, 24 Servings
1 cup butter
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
10 oz. Cashews
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter and set aside.
- In a saucepan on the stove, melt butter, sugar, and corn syrup together on medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Turn heat up a little to med/high and add cashews. Use a nonstick silicone spatula or wood spoon to stir frequently.
- You’ll see the mixture start to bubble and cook. Make sure to stir frequently so it does NOT burn.
- Keep stirring and cooking to heat to 300 degrees using a candy thermometer. Or you can do what I did and keep a bowl of cold water next to stove. Drop a small amount of syrup in and if it immediately turns solid and hard, it’s ready. You’re looking for a medium brown color, not super dark or it may be burning.
- Pour mixture onto the greased baking sheet and spread as thin as possible very quickly. It will start to harden right away.
- Let cool and then brake into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Are you making homemade goodies for friends and loved ones for Christmas? Feel free to use this festive gift tag I designed to pair with your homemade treats!
As an idea to use this printable gift tag, I packaged my Cashew Crunch on small disposable holiday plates wrapped in clear cellophane wrap and a ribbon with attached gift tag!
Did you know I have my fair share of kitchen fails?
In fact, I had a major Cashew Crunch FAIL while testing a different microwave recipe! It completely burned! LOL. So I definitely recommend the stove method where you can watch and stir frequently to avoid burning and ruining perfectly good cashews! 😊
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.