Make Gooey Chocolate Lava Cake in the Crockpot!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get your chocolate fix using your Crockpot!
Did you know you can make a delicious cake with very little effort right in your slow cooker? Try this amazing gooey chocolate lava cake recipe for your next gathering without ever turning on the oven! It takes just a few ingredients and is a cinch to put together.
The result is a slow cooker with warm gooey chocolate cake oozing with melted chocolate on top. The texture of the cake is light, fluffy, and truly irresistible. Scoop some into a bowl with vanilla ice cream for an over-the-top delicious dessert.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
An easy, gooey chocolate cake to make in your slow cooker!
For the cake:
- 15.25 oz. box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the topping:
- 3.9 oz. size box of chocolate instant pudding (4 serving sized)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
Tips for making the best slow cooker chocolate lava cake:
- Your cook time may vary a bit based on your slow cooker. I cooked mine on HIGH for around 2.5 hours in my Beautiful brand 8-court oval slow cooker and it worked well for me. When cooking on high, be sure to watch the cake so it doesn’t burn. I would start checking the slow cooker towards the end of cook time to make sure it isn’t burning. If you have a taller slow cooker, it may take longer.
- Feel free to try other cake and chip flavor combinations! Readers in the comments have stated that peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips are delicious. Another reader uses vanilla cake and banana-flavored pudding.
- If you are needing a gluten-free version, readers have reported back that gluten-free boxed cake mix works too!
- Don’t forget to spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray first. You could instead try using parchment paper or a slow cooker liner instead for easy clean-up.
Gooey chocolate cake heaven!
Get ready to enjoy some awesome hot lava cake that is so good and literally oozing with melted chocolate. My family really enjoyed this idea, and we’ve since taken this cake to a few potlucks with success as a fun and unique dessert!