Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s how to hack a box of cake mix into a rich decadent Texas sheet cake!
Chocolate and peanut butter fans will enjoy this unique sheet cake!
Our drool-worthy Texas sheet cake starts with a chocolate sour cream cake with added cocoa powder and coffee for extra richness and is followed by both a peanut butter glaze and then a chocolate glaze on top. It sounds complex, but trust me, this dessert couldn’t be simpler!
The best part is each of the three layers is quick to make so you can easily whip up without being in the kitchen all day. Both of the glazes are perfectly melted in the microwave and ready to pour over the cake within minutes.
The result is a rich Texas sheet cake style dessert made in a jelly roll pan with gooey peanut butter and chocolate glaze that is definately over the top delicious. I love that it tastes like it came from an expensive bakery, but is fun and simple to make at home using a store-bought cake mix and frosting.
Tips for making Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake:
- What pan is best to use for this cake? I used a jelly roll pan that measures 15 x 10 x 1 inches and it seemed to be a perfect size. If your pan is close in size to that, I am sure it would work too. Just watch the bake time. You’ll know the cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes back clean.
- Let the peanut butter glaze set up and cool after pouring and spreading it for at least ten minutes before adding the chocolate so they will stay as separate layers.
- Feel free to add chopped pecans to the top after pouring the chocolate glaze on! My kids don’t prefer nuts, but you can add chopped peans to all of it or just half if you’d like.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 18 MINUTES
total time: 38 MINUTES
Turn a box of cake mix into a rich Texas sheet pan chocolate cake with a layer of peanut butter frosting followed by chocolate frosting!
For the chocolate sheet cake:
- 15.25 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup coffee (or water if preferred)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 eggs
For the peanut butter glaze:
For the chocolate glaze:
You have to have some serious willpower to stop at just one slice! 🍫
The extra cocoa powder and coffee really make the cake layer special, and the dual glazes are awesome together. I love how they manage to sink in a little bit with the cake. My kids were super impressed, and my daughter said the glazes remind her of homemade fudge, which I absolutely agree with!
Here’s what my teammate Emily thought of this sheet cake:
“This sheet cake will impress! It’s so easy to make and has such simple ingredients, but anyone would think you worked on it all day. It’s the perfect cake to feed a crowd too, so keep it in mind if you have any potluck events coming up. Chocolate peanut butter is one of my favorite combos and this cake does not disappoint in flavor!”