Today’s Cooking with Collin should really be called Cooking with Bryn as my sister has actually taken the time to write up one of her favorite recipes: Sweet N’ Sour Chicken! Yummy! 🙂 I hope that you enjoy it as much as she does. Please note that Bryn was actually given this recipe by a good friend and so I have no source to credit.
* 6-8 Skinless, Boneless chicken breast halves (cut into 1 inch cubes)
* Vegetable Oil
* 2 Eggs
* 1 cup Flour
* 3/4 cup Sugar
* 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
* 1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks
* 1/4 cup White Vinegar
* 3/4 cup Ketchup
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 T Soy Sauce
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic salt.
(3) In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add 1/2-inch vegetable oil. In a bowl, beat 2 eggs. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dunk pieces of chicken in the egg, and allow excess to drain. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour coating thoroughly. Drop pieces into the hot oil and cook until deep golden brown. Turn as necessary to cook evenly on all sides.
(4) While chicken is cooking, combine the following in a saucepan over medium-low heat: sugar, pineapple juice, white vinegar, ketchup, salt and soy sauce. Stir mixture occasionally until it comes to a low boil and then reduce heat just enough to keep the sauce warm.
(5) Place cooked chicken pieces and pineapple chunks in a 9×13 pan. Pour warm sweet and sour sauce over the top.
(6) Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, and serve over rice or egg noodles.