Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe (Easy Family-Friendly Snack Idea)
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This mini corn dog muffins recipe makes perfectly poppable bite-sized snacks!
These mini corn dog muffins are full of sweet & savory flavors!
If you enjoy corn dogs, then you’re going to love this recipe for mini corn dog muffins! These little corn dog bites are a mini replica of the full-size corn dog but without the burden of having to eat around that pesky wooden skewer.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 28 MINUTES
Mini corn dog bites made in a muffin tin as a fun and delicious snack!
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites (pictured are Open Nature brand nitrate free all beef hot dogs)
Hip tips for making this Mini Corn Dog Muffins recipe:
- Any mini muffin tin will work for this recipe, but a flexible silicone mini muffin pan makes it super easy to pop your muffins out when they’re done.
- If you’re using a metal pan, don’t skip the cooking spray! If you don’t spray, you’ll likely have a hard time getting your muffins out of the tin without butchering them. They’ll still be yummy, but not nearly as cute!
- We really enjoyed eating these as-is after cooling a bit straight from the oven, but they would also be good served with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
- If you have any leftovers (doubtful, but just in case…), these mini corn dog muffins reheat really well and are delicious the next day!
They’re both a kid and adult-favorite snack!
My kids were seriously impressed with these fun little snacks. In fact, I heard “This is the best thing ever, Mom.” 😊 If you have any corn dog enthusiasts in your house, I think they’ll love them, too. This is the kind of thing I know my kids will be requesting over and over again!
One warning, though: without the wooden stick found in traditional corn dogs to slow you down, it’s a little too easy to eat a large quantity of these poppable treats in one sitting! These bite-sized corn dog muffin snacks are the perfect mouthful of sweet and savory bliss, and you seriously won’t be able to eat just one. Enjoy!