Baking Cranberry Christmas Cake Will Be Your New Holiday Tradition!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This cranberry cake recipe is all things merry and bright! ✨
Looking for a festive cake to bake this holiday season?
If you’re in the mood for an easy-to-bake holiday-themed dessert to share with your loved ones, check out this unique cranberry Christmas cake recipe! It’s become a Hip2Save team favorite over the years, and we’re hoping you’ll love it just as much as we do. If you have any leftover fresh cranberries from the holidays, this is a great way to use them.
The result is a sweet/tart cranberry orange cake that you can cut up and serve into bars as a brunch treat or special dessert. The red and white color is beautiful and the texture is more like a quick bread. Plus it tastes sweet, but not overly sweet.
Hooray for a simple to bake treat!
This cake is so easy and definitely suitable for those that don’t bake often or want to switch up from traditional cakes. With just six easy main ingredients, you’ll be able to whip it up in no time!
Drizzle the top with a simple orange glaze to take this sweet and tart treat to the next level.
Tips for baking the best cranberry cake:
- Although this recipe calls for fresh cranberries, frozen cranberries will work as well. I would let them thaw on the counter first so they will be easier to incorporate into the batter. If you’re not a cranberry fan, then blueberries would be a yummy alternative!
- The orange zest and juice are kind of optional but I love the flavor it adds so much! I had tangerines on hand and used that instead of oranges and they worked great, too.
- The addition of white chocolate chips would be yummy. Using white chocolate and swapping the glaze for cream cheese frosting would result in a cake similar to Starbucks cranberry bliss bars! YUM.
Cranberry Christmas Cake
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Sweet and tart vanilla cake with a zesty orange glaze for a perfect holiday dessert.
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries (2 cups)
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
My family LOVES this Christmas cranberry cake!
I think the texture is more like a muffin or coffee cake, and it is so delicious served with coffee. The glaze adds an awesome orange flavor. I like to cut up the squares and serve them on a tray with fresh rosemary and a few extra cranberries so the presentation is festive.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Check out what my teammate Bryn (Collin’s sister!) has to say about this recipe:
“This cake is the ultimate holiday treat! It tastes like Christmas and is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or anytime & anywhere in between! It has become a family favorite that we make every year!”
Need a last-minute decor idea? Pick up some extra oranges for Pomander balls!