If you’re looking for a fantastic and easy to make holiday treat to share with your loved ones, check out this festive Cranberry Christmas Cake. With just six easy main ingredients, you’ll be able to whip it up in no time! Drizzle the top with a simple orange glaze to take this sweet and tart treat to the next level.
Cranberry Christmas Cake
Adapted from JustaPinch.com, Serves 12
- 3 Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 12 oz. fresh Cranberries (2 cups)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
For Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice + 1/4 teaspoon Orange Zest
- In mixing bowl or stand mixer mix eggs with granulated sugar for about 5 minutes until mixture doubles in size.
- Add butter and vanilla, mix for another couple minutes.
- Fold in flour until combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 greased dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-43 minutes until lightly browned. The middle will be cooked through when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- For Glaze: Whisk powdered sugar with orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Drizzle over the cake, and serve. YUM!
I think the texture is more like a muffin or coffee cake and it is so delicious served with coffee! The glaze adds an awesome orange flavor. What a yummy way to use fresh cranberries! Enjoy.
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.