Make the BEST Disney-Inspired Dole Soft Serve Pineapple Whip Using This Mix From Amazon
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love soft serve Dole pineapple whip?
This popular frozen treat made popular at Disney parks is a family favorite of ours for sure! It’s super sweet and refreshing on a hot weather day, and something my family looks forward to at Disney.
I created this copycat Dole recipe using frozen pineapples in a blender, which is a super tasty method and easy to make without an ice cream maker. Disney-savvy readers pointed out that the Dole whip soft-serve dessert from Disney is actually a dairy-free powder mix that you can purchase on Amazon! 😱
I just knew I needed to test out this powder Dole whip concept for myself!
Since we are all at home this summer, I decided now is a perfect time to buy some and test it out using our ice cream maker as a fun activity with the kids. The directions on the bag are for large commercial machines, so luckily in the Amazon listing, lots of customers share the ratio of water to powder to make at home in an ice cream maker.
The ratio I suggest using is 3 cups cold water to 1 cup pineapple Dole whip powder mix.
Tips for making pineapple Dole whip with powder mix:
- You can use this powder mix in whichever brand of ice cream make you have on hand. I invested in a 2.1 Quart Whynter ice cream maker a few years ago, and it’s been an absolute joy to use when making ice cream at home because there’s no bowl to freeze, and you can have ice cream in less than an hour.
- No ice cream maker? Try making this Pineapple Dole Whip recipe using frozen pineapple and a blender instead!
- Curious about adding cream or milk instead of water? I noticed in some of the Amazon reviews a few people replaced a cup of the water with milk, yielding extra creamy results. That could be fun to experiment with if you’re looking to change the consistency.
- You can serve it in a dish like soft-serve ice cream, or in a cup with a little pineapple juice like a pineapple float. Either way, it tastes delicious!
Homemade Dole Soft-Serve Pineapple Whip
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 52 MINUTES
total time: 52 MINUTES
Here's how to use the commercial pineapple Dole whip powder mix at home in an ice cream maker to make the famous Disney inspired soft-serve dessert at home.
- 1 cup Dole pineapple soft-serve mix
- 3 cups cold water (or opt for 2 cups of water and 1 cup of milk for a creamier version)
Oh my goodness this stuff is AMAZING!
I love how creamy the texture is, and the pineapple taste is perfect. I have to admit, I was kinda skeptical of trying this powder, and my kids really wanted to. I thought this could add a little excitement to our summer, and it didn’t disappoint!
Here’s why we’re lovin’ this Pineapple Dole mix:
- If you’re a Disney fan, this is the Dole whip recipe to make at home, as it’s a true authentic soft serve experience just like the parks.
- This Dole whip mix recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. 🙌
- It’s super easy & quick to mix up and make in the ice cream maker!
- The big bag makes a whopping 9 batches!
Speaking of the value… this bag is around $26 via Amazon.com and is 9 cups of mix, which means 9 batches that serve up to 6 people each — that’s roughly 48¢ per serving! I’d spend easily more than that at Dairy Queen or any of the pay per pound soft-serve yogurt places, and we can make this at home in our ice cream maker whenever the craving strikes! I say that’s winning! 🙌