This Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Tastes Better Than Starbucks (& It’s Cheaper!)
Starbucks fans – make this easy Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
It’s fall (or close enough) and time for our favorite warm and frothy seasonal drink – the pumpkin spice latte! Whip up your own DIY version using real pumpkin puree whenever the mood hits.
This easy drink recipe is so simple to make, and it rivals any coffee shop. Not only that, but it’s so much cheaper to make your own at home, too!
Pumpkin spice is life… but actual pumpkin is better!
Unlike traditional pumpkin spice lattes, our version uses real pumpkin purée to get your fall flavor fix. I promise this will taste even better than using a syrup! Plus, it’s super easy to melt the purée with a little pumpkin pie spice along with your favorite type of milk.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect pumpkin spice latte at home:
- Don’t have a milk frother to make lattes? No problem! I actually used my immersion hand blender to froth my latte, and it worked out great!
- For an iced latte, freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and add to your drink. As the ice melts, the coffee flavor intensifies!
- Not sure what to do with your leftover pumpkin puree? Use it to make any of our favorite pumpkin dessert recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
yield: 2 SERVINGS
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
All the seasonal flavors of pumpkin spice in a warm, smooth latte.
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (or more if you like yours really sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- whipped cream & extra pumpkin spice (topping)
You’ll love this version a latté!
Feel free to top your latté with some whipped cream and a little more pumpkin spice if desired. SO YUMMY! I love that this DIY version of the Pumpkin Spice Latté has an authentic and rich pumpkin flavor with a touch of sweetness.
This fall, treat yourself to this easy homemade PSL that’s both creamy and delicious.
Eating low carb? Check out the keto version of this pumpkin spice latte on Hip2Keto!