These Easy Blackberry Cream Cheese Tarts Require Only 5 Ingredients
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Impress your holiday party guests with these yummy and fancy looking blackberry cream cheese tarts!
Here’s a treat to consider making if you’re in full-on baking mode like me.
These delicious blackberry cream cheese pastries look like they came from a trendy bakery, but they are actually super simple to create at home using store-bought pie crusts and require just five ingredients! There’s not a special pan you need to use and they don’t require a pastry bag or any special equipment. This recipe is easy peasy!
These cream cheese tarts would be a perfect make-ahead Christmas morning snack or breakfast treat. Since they are made with pie dough, the kids would have fun helping you make them as a baking activity! Just fill, pinch the ends together, and bake.
After baking, the results taste similar to warm gooey little bite-sized pieces of blackberry pie with a sweet cream cheese filling wrapped in a buttery pie crust. The flavor and texture combo is so YUM, and these are fun to make!
Helpful hip tips when making these blackberry tarts:
- To prep the tarts ahead of time, arrange all tarts on baking sheets and store them covered in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, just pop them in the oven and they’ll be freshly baked for your guests!
- You can change up the filling to any preserve or spread you’d like! I bet fig spread or cranberry would taste just as amazing for this idea. Maybe even a bit of cherry pie filling would be yummy and look festive for the holidays. It’s up to you!
- Store your pastries in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Truth be told, they taste outstanding even when cold, but they will likely disappear before that time frame! 😂
Blackberry Cream Cheese Tarts
yield: 22 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 16 MINUTES
total time: 41 MINUTES
Squares of pie crust with cream cheese and blackberry filling make for a yummy treat or brunch item!
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 pre-made refrigerated pie crust dough (or homemade equivalent)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- blackberry jam (or your favorite jam)
- all-purpose flour (for dusting rolling surface)
Now this is what the holidays are all about: Yummy homemade treats!
Blackberry tarts never last long in my home so consider doubling the recipe! I think my teenage son can take down half a batch himself no problem. 😄 They are so GOOD.
Let me know what you think if you try this recipe out for yourself!