Creamy Cheese Ravioli Soup | Easy Weeknight Meal
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Calling all homemade soup fans! Here’s a simple one-pot dinner idea your family will love.
If you’re wondering what to make for dinner this week, look no further than this warm and comforting ravioli soup! It has wonderful flavors from the creamy broth, nutritious veggies, and lots of yummy mini cheese ravioli. 😋 And – like most of my recipe ideas, it’s also EASY to throw together any night of the week — hooray!
Hip tips for making Cheese Ravioli Soup:
- I am using some mini cheese ravioli I found in the refrigerated foods section of the grocery store, but you could also use frozen ravioli instead.
- Not a fan of ravioli? Tortellini would be great in this soup as another pasta base.
- This soup as written is meatless, but you can easily add in protein by using meat-filled ravioli or even throw in some cooked shredded chicken at the end.
- Another yummy idea would be to cook Italian sausage with the veggies at the beginning resulting in a sausage and ravioli type of soup.
- I loved the carrot, celery, and spinach combo here, but you could always change these to other chopped veggies as desired. Try peas, peppers, potatoes, or other veggies you have on hand!
Creamy Cheese Ravioli Soup
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Mini cheese raviolis in a rich, flavorful broth with sautéed carrots, celery, and spinach.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves *optional, but add lots of flavor!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb fresh or frozen pre-packaged mini cheese ravioli
- 1 cup half and half, or whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Heat a large pot on the stove to medium heat. Melt butter and sauté chopped onion, celery, and carrots for 5-7 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the mixture. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute longer. Also add in the fresh thyme, if using.
Stir in the flour using a whisk. It will look thick and clumpy. Slowly whisk in the broth. Bring up the heat a bit to a boil. Add in the ravioli and let boil according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Turn down heat to medium/low.
Add in the half & half (or whole milk, if using), spinach, and salt & pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Ravioli soup is a great choice, especially for kids!
There weren’t any moans or groans about this dinner at all! 😂 We all love ravioli so I look forward to making this soup again soon.
While I could eat a rich bowl of soup in any type of weather, there’s something specifically comforting about having this on a chilly evening. Enjoy!
Make this tasty chicken enchilada soup right in your Crock-Pot next!
Lina,as always, you have a great and easy recipe . I think the best part of your recipes ,is that I can customize it for my family . Keep up the good work and God bless.
Oh thanks so much!
I’m loving that this is chock full of veggies. Yum!
It’s so good! Thanks so much for stopping by!
We walked the neighborhood tonight to look at Christmas lights. (Soooo cold) I made this for dinner after we came home. So good! A keeper recipe. Thanks for posting!
Oh hooray – I’m so glad! Thanks Beth ❤️
Leave it to Lina to never disappoint with her easy and tasty recipes! Can’t wait to try this! Thanks for posting and Happy New Year!
Thank you! I never saw this last year <3
I made this soup and it was So Yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you for this recipe. I made it for my 5 and 2 year old. They loved it. And mummy loved it too.😊
Oh yay! Thanks for sharing!