Creamy Cheese Ravioli Soup | Easy Weeknight Meal
Calling all homemade soup fans! Here’s a simple one-pot dinner idea your family will love.
If you’re wondering what to make for dinner this week, look no further than this warm and comforting ravioli soup! It has wonderful flavors from the creamy broth, nutritious veggies, and lots of yummy mini cheese ravioli. 😋 And – like most of my recipe ideas, it’s also EASY to throw together any night of the week — hooray!
Hip tips for making Cheese Ravioli Soup:
- I am using some mini cheese ravioli I found in the refrigerated foods section of the grocery store, but you could also use frozen ravioli instead.
- Not a fan of ravioli? Tortellini would be great in this soup as another pasta base.
- This soup as written is meatless, but you can easily add in protein by using meat-filled ravioli or even throw in some cooked shredded chicken at the end.
- Another yummy idea would be to cook Italian sausage with the veggies at the beginning resulting in a sausage and ravioli type of soup.
- I loved the carrot, celery, and spinach combo here, but you could always change these to other chopped veggies as desired. Try peas, peppers, potatoes, or other veggies you have on hand!
Creamy Cheese Ravioli Soup
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Mini cheese raviolis in a rich, flavorful broth with sautéed carrots, celery, and spinach.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves *optional, but add lots of flavor!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb fresh or frozen pre-packaged mini cheese ravioli
- 1 cup half and half, or whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Ravioli soup is a great choice, especially for kids!
There weren’t any moans or groans about this dinner at all! 😂 We all love ravioli so I look forward to making this soup again soon.
While I could eat a rich bowl of soup in any type of weather, there’s something specifically comforting about having this on a chilly evening. Enjoy!