EASY Crock-Pot Apple Butter
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love Apple Recipes?🍎
Make some delicious homemade Apple Butter! It’s super easy to make using your slow cooker and only requires a few ingredients.
This idea is a simple process of chopping apples, slow cooking them in the Crock-Pot, and then using a hand blender right in the same pot to make the most amazing Apple Butter. The result is a smooth and velvety sweet spread to use on your morning toast, biscuits, pancakes, pork chops, and even on your ice cream as a dessert! SO good.
Crock-Pot Apple Butter
Let the slow cooker do all the work for the easiest homemade Apple Butter.
- 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Things to consider:
- I used a combination of Granny Smith, Fuji, and Gala apples. You can pick your own combination or use one type.
- The sweetness level can definitely be adjusted up or down to taste. I looked at different recipes when researching this idea and the ratio of sugar to apples ranged all across the board, so use your best judgement. I felt like two cups were fine in this recipe and not four like the original recipe called for.
- I did not go through the canning process for this, but that’s a great option for storing UN-refrigerated. You can store fruit spread in the fridge for a couple of weeks or freeze for up to six months.
- This recipe made 1-quart using 5 pounds of apples.
Get ready for your home to smell incredible!
My husband is a big fan of Apple Butter, and he really enjoyed this version. I can’t wait to store some for us, and maybe give some to my friends and family!
Consider sharing Apple Butter in small jelly jars as a thoughtful, budget-friendly gift!