EASY Crock-Pot Apple Butter
Love Apple Recipes?🍎
Make some delicious homemade Apple Butter! It’s super easy to make using your slow cooker and only requires a few ingredients.
This idea is a simple process of chopping apples, slow cooking them in the Crock-Pot, and then using a hand blender right in the same pot to make the most amazing Apple Butter. The result is a smooth and velvety sweet spread to use on your morning toast, biscuits, pancakes, pork chops, and even on your ice cream as a dessert! SO good.
Crock-Pot Apple Butter
Let the slow cooker do all the work for the easiest homemade Apple Butter.
- 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Things to consider:
- I used a combination of Granny Smith, Fuji, and Gala apples. You can pick your own combination or use one type.
- The sweetness level can definitely be adjusted up or down to taste. I looked at different recipes when researching this idea and the ratio of sugar to apples ranged all across the board, so use your best judgement. I felt like two cups were fine in this recipe and not four like the original recipe called for.
- I did not go through the canning process for this, but that’s a great option for storing UN-refrigerated. You can store fruit spread in the fridge for a couple of weeks or freeze for up to six months.
- This recipe made 1-quart using 5 pounds of apples.
Get ready for your home to smell incredible!
My husband is a big fan of Apple Butter, and he really enjoyed this version. I can’t wait to store some for us, and maybe give some to my friends and family!
Consider sharing Apple Butter in small jelly jars as a thoughtful, budget-friendly gift!