Skip the Drive-Thru and Make Homemade Shamrock Shakes!
Looking for a delicious St. Patrick’s Day dessert?
Then you’ve gotta try this easy DIY Shamrock Shake recipe! Grab your favorite vanilla ice cream and some mint extract and let’s whip up a fast milkshake using your blender!
This tastes just as great, in our opinion, as the popular drive-thru version and you can affordably make them at home for the entire family!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Start with only a couple drops of peppermint extract because it’s powerful stuff! I’d use 1/4 teaspoon or less according to taste.
- If you’re eating low carb, make sure to check out our Keto Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock shake on Hip2Keto.com with just 4g net carbs per serving!
- If your family is made of serious ice cream fans like us, check out this highly-rated stainless ice cream scoop that we love. I bought it as a birthday gift for my husband and it’s pretty great!
Easy Mint Shamrock Shake
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Creamy mint shake that is perfect for a yummy treat on St. Patrick's Day.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (about 4 scoops)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring *optional
- Optional topping idea: whipped cream & green sprinkles
Creamy minty milkshake perfection!
Homemade milkshakes are the best. I loved making my Shamrock Shake recipe at home with my kids! It has actually turned into a fun tradition for us throughout the years, and my kids ask about this shake every year.
Want another festive idea? Try these cute and easy Shamrock Pretzels!