If you’re in the mood for enchiladas mid-week, check out these easy and delicious red enchiladas that come out cheesy and full of flavor. I’ve been using this recipe for years – it’s a true family favorite! It also makes a great make-ahead freezer meal!
Weeknight Red Enchiladas
(Adapted from Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites)
7 small flour tortillas
one 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
1 lb. ground chuck
1/2 cup chopped white onion
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
one 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small can black olives, sliced
2 green onions, sliced (for garnish) * optional
- Place meat and onion in a large skillet on the stove, and brown over medium high heat until meat is crumbly.
- Drain if necessary, and return to skillet. Season meat with cumin, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in soup and red enchilada sauce. In each tortilla, spread about 1/4 cup of meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese, then fold and place in baking pan.
- Try to reserve a cup of shredded cheese for the top. Spread any leftover sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas. Sprinkle reserved cheese and add black olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with green onion and sour cream if desired. Serves about 4-5 people.
Enchiladas are our favorite! These rock!
This is one of those solid recipes that ends up looking beautiful AND tasting great. I hope your family loves it just as much as mine does. Enjoy! 😀
[h2s_box]Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s recipes created just for Hip2Save, click here.[/h2s_box]