Easy Homemade Hawaiian Dinner Rolls (Perfect for Holiday Meals!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We’re drooling over these buttery Hawaiian rolls.
Who doesn’t love that perfect savory-sweet dinner roll just like the ones you’re served at a restaurant or those King’s Hawaiian rolls you buy at the store? 😋 Now you can make them at home and it’s actually easier than you’d think!
You may see the words “homemade dinner rolls” and think this recipe will be confusing and complicated but I have eliminated a lot of the typical steps. As long as you can mix and knead, you can make these delicious dinner rolls for your next gathering and wow your guests.
These dinner rolls are the perfect crowd-pleaser with the sweet pineapple taste topped with the warm melted honey butter. I’m sure you will be sneaking a roll for yourself before placing them on the dinner table.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Make sure ALL ingredients are at room temperature! This helps avoid any curdling with the milk.
- Depending on the temperature of your house, your rolls might take longer than 1 hour to rise. If they have not doubled in size after an hour, follow these steps:
- Turn the oven to the lowest setting and shut it off once it’s preheated.
- Place dough in a warm oven and they will begin to rise.
- Make sure your dinner rolls are the same size as this will help the rolls bake evenly.
- Using instant rapid yeast cuts out the proofing step as then there’s no need to wake up the yeast with warm water.
Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 2 HOURS
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 2 HOURS 20 MINUTES
Homemade sweet and savory dinner rolls get a touch of Hawaiian sweetness from pineapple juice.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
Hot buttery sweet rolls are the best—and these ones just smell of homemade goodness. You will have no complaints while serving these up at your next family gathering. Just make sure to make a big batch if you want any leftover for the next day!
Serve rolls with a warm bowl of slow cooker wild rice soup!