This Slow Cooker Wild Rice Soup is Cozy and Delicious
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
The perfect comfort food!
There’s nothing better than curling up with this slow cooker wild rice soup to warm the soul. This wild rice soup with chicken and veggies is delicious, hearty, and also happens to be pretty simple to make right in your slow cooker!
Love easy slow cooker meals? Try this!
There’s a little upfront prep work to chop and saute the veggies first, but I promise that little bit of effort makes for a yummy, flavorful soup. Once the sauteed veggies are in the slow cooker, the raw chicken breasts get added, along with the broth. I actually used Better Than Bullion chicken base and water with this soup, and it worked out great.
Things to consider when making Slow Cooker Wild Rice Soup:
- The wild rice blend gets added about halfway through the cooking process and turns out tender and delicious by the end of cook time.
- I also made this soup creamy by adding plain Greek yogurt at the end of cook time (it’s a little lighter than adding heavy cream), and it worked out yummy.
- You can definitely season this soup as desired. I chose to use Herbes de Provence, as it’s my favorite poultry type seasoning blend. It usually includes a beautiful blend of savory, thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon, and lavender flowers.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
yield: 10 SERVINGS
Comforting creamy chicken and rice soup, made in the slow cooker!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 oz. sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 a white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons diced garlic (from the jar)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, raw
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Better than Bullion + 6 cups water (or can use 6 cups broth instead)
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek style yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
We’re WILD over this chicken & rice soup!
Serve with a crusty baguette for soup perfection! I adore slow cooker soups, and this one’s a delicious and easy soup to add to the rotation. A good bowl of leftover soup is my favorite for lunches, so I can’t wait to have even more tomorrow! If you have the sniffles or feeling under the weather, this soup would be super comforting!
Eating low carb or keto? Check out our Slow Cooker Keto Taco Soup on Hip2Keto.com.