Make Crispy Honey Sriracha Wings Using This Baking Ingredient!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These unique honey sriracha wings have a sweet and spicy taste with a mouth-watering caramelized crispy texture.
Is anyone else already looking forward to Fall and football snacks?!
Making chicken wings at home is easy and sure to please any crowd! Score extra points this year with these flavorful honey sriracha baked chicken wings! They are very simple to make and have such great flavor. I always keep a bag of frozen wings in the freezer so we can make them when the mood strikes.
And shhh, here’s a secret for you! if you coat chicken wings with some baking powder in the seasoning rub, you’ll create extra crispiness using the oven!
Watch Lina make these tasty wings on YouTube!
Honey Sriracha Wings
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make these delicious Sriracha Honey Wings for your next gathering! Perfect for your party platter!
For the Wings:
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, thawed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
For the Sauce:
Tips for making honey sriracha chicken wings at home:
- You can bake chicken wings from frozen. You’ll just need to add additional bake time, and the directions are usually on the bag. I personally like to dethaw overnight or in the microwave first. The directions are on the back for that method too.
- As pictured above, I recommend using a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet for extra crispiness. I love my Caraway bakeware as it has a nice-sized nonstick sheet pan and matching rack.
- Prefer to make your wings in the air fryer?! I do love air fryer wings too! Try cooking the seasoned wings for 30 minutes at 370 degrees. Add the sauce, and cook for another few minutes to caramelize. Be sure to leave room between them and you may have to cook in a couple of batches depending on the size of your machine.
- Don’t love spicy food? You can also substitute some or all of the sriracha with a smokey BBQ sauce for honey BBQ wings if spicy isn’t your thing.
- Why use baking powder? According to Purewow.com, “the slight alkalinity of baking powder increases the pH of the wings, improving the level of browning you can get in the oven. It also soaks up some of the chicken juices, and as the wings heat up in the oven, the juices bubble up as the skin hardens.” It does not have a bitter taste in my opinion, but if you are worried feel free to season as desired and skip the baking powder!
I love this sriracha wing sauce, and so will you!
The honey balances the heat from the hot sauce to perfection, and it becomes a delicious sticky wing sauce. Adding sesame seeds adds a little more sesame flare, and overall we are huge fans.
I am obsessed with both crispy chicken wings and Sriracha sauce so this is a big winner in my house! We often make homemade wings for dinner and then I’ll serve a big salad on the side and maybe some potatoes or frozen fries.