Make a Festive Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board!
Here’s a food trend we can all cheer for!
We all know about the classic savory meat and cheese charcuterie board. It’s super popular and Insta-worthy, while still being an easy appetizer to graze and snack on. But have you heard of the hot cocoa charcuterie board? According to Delish.com, this trend is taking off and I for one am excited to “sleigh” it!
Pssstt… These are the days I know for sure that I have the best job EVER! It really doesn’t get any better than getting to photograph fun ideas like this one! Eeeek! 🙌
Just in time for the holidays, I’m sharing a yummy hot cocoa board with hot chocolate, snacks, and all the sprinkles, candy canes, and marshmallows your family will need to have a cozy night in. The best part is that you can customize it with sweets your family will enjoy and scale the servings for any size group.
Grab a large tray or platter and let’s go!
I love this hot chocolate idea because it’s so easy and fun. Simply grab a large tray, serving platter, cutting board, or even a sheet pan would work too. Add and arrange your favorite hot cocoa toppings and holiday treats. If you have some Christmas mugs, they would be fun as a holder for candy canes.
Tips for making the best hot cocoa charcuterie spread:
- The main tip that makes this a beautiful presentation is to take the treats and goodies out of the packaging and arrange them in an appealing way. You can use small bowls and jars to keep things tidy. It only takes a few minutes to lay out!
- On this board, I used a convenient powdered hot cocoa mix. If you’re wanting to make homemade hot chocolate, I’d recommend using this decadent slow cooker hot chocolate recipe we love.
- You can make this idea at various price points. For instance, maybe visit Dollar Tree and check out their selection of hot chocolate packets, candy canes, sprinkles, and goodies to save big!
- My bar tray is Dip brand from my local Fry’s grocery store, but I found a similar highly-rated serving tray here at Target.com.
Items on our hot chocolate charcuterie board for inspo:
Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
A yummy hot cocoa board with hot chocolate, snacks, and all the sprinkles, candy canes, and marshmallows your family will need to have a cozy night in.
- tray or cutting board
- powdered hot cocoa mix
- toppings: sprinkles, candy canes, marshmallows etc.
What a fun way to serve hot cocoa!
I love this idea to add to family holiday traditions and for any special winter occasion. My daughter’s eyes about popped out of her head when she came downstairs and saw this! LOL! It’s getting harder to impress these kids as they get older, but I feel like I succeeded!