How To Make Meatloaf AND Mashed Potatoes in UNDER 1-Hour Using Your Instant Pot
Need an excellent meal idea for your Instant Pot?🍴
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes has always been one of my family’s favorite combos and this is a genius way to cook both foods together at the same time using an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Once the cook time is over, simply remove the loaf pan and finish the mashed potatoes in the same pot! Awesome, right?
If you happen to already have a favorite meatloaf recipe then feel free to use it, or use the simple one I usually make.
This is such a yummy homemade meal idea that takes under an hour to prepare!
Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
Adapted from IWashYouDry.com , Serves 4-6
Ingredients for Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce
- splash of Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, fresh
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion or 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- extra ketchup or BBQ sauce for topping, if desired
Ingredients for Potatoes
- 2 lbs. potatoes, chopped (I used Yukon Gold potatoes with skins left on)
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup or more chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients for meatloaf with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a disposable foil loaf pan or make your own loaf shaped pan out of tin foil.
- Cut potatoes into smaller pieces and place at the bottom of Instant Pot. Arranged them in an even layer. Add 1 cup broth or water over potatoes.
- Place the rack that comes with your Instant Pot over potatoes and set the meatloaf on top. (I had to squish the pan a little for it to fit, but that’s fine.) The rack will make it easy for you to take loaf out when it’s done.
- Secure lid and set at Manual (high pressure) cook time to 25 minutes. Make sure steam release is closed.
- When finished, do a quick release on the pressure.
- Top with a little additional ketchup and place under the oven’s broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. (Optional, but yummy step!)
- Meanwhile to make potatoes, mash them in the Instant Pot with half & half, broth, butter, salt, and pepper until creamy.
This yummy meal was a winner for my family! 🏆
Meatloaf is always an easy “go to” when you don’t know what to make for dinner and the Instant Pot version makes it even easier. Enjoy!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.