Make 3-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Did you know you can make bread from ice cream?! Sun a fun recipe idea!
Instead of making the same ole’ banana bread, consider baking a loaf or two of yummy ice cream bread! I love this quick bread idea because it features just three main ingredients – ice cream, self-rising flour, and sugar.
It’s an easy recipe anyone can do, and it’s so fun to think about which flavor to use or add-ins for the top of the loaf.
I decided to test out two different flavor combos to see which one we would like best.
I paired the vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles for one of the bread loaves. This one tastes quite similar to shortbread. I bet a slice with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream would be so delicious!
I made a video to show how easy it is to make ice cream bread!
When making ice cream bread, keep these tips in mind –
- You can pretty much pick whichever flavor ice cream you’d like on this idea and any add-ins that sound good. I have read that frozen yogurt and non-dairy ice creams won’t work as well or even at all, so keep that in mind.
- My Hip sidekick, Jenna, baked this recipe using strawberry ice cream and sprinkles and loved that yummy combination!
- Make sure to let your ice cream soften and become almost room temp, and then measure out 2 cups. It will make the batter easier to mix and create a lighter texture.
- Don’t have self-rising flour? The recipe to make your own self-rising flour is 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Soft and sweet homemade quick bread using ice cream! Easy and fun 3 ingredient recipe that you can customize with your favorite ice cream and toppings.
- 2 cups softened ice cream (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- optional add ins like sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, etc.
This ice cream bread turned out awesome!
I loved both flavors, however, the vanilla sprinkle loaf is noticeably less sweet. It’d be a great basis for a sundae with maybe more ice cream or whipped cream on top. My family taste-tested them both, and the Oreo with cookies & cream combo loaf came out the clear winner! Yum!
This would be such a fun activity to do with the kids this summer at home. Enjoy!