Make 3-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Did you know you can make bread from ice cream?! Sun a fun recipe idea!
Instead of making the same ole’ banana bread, consider baking a loaf or two of yummy ice cream bread! I love this quick bread idea because it features just three main ingredients – ice cream, self-rising flour, and sugar.
It’s an easy recipe anyone can do, and it’s so fun to think about which flavor to use or add-ins for the top of the loaf.
I decided to test out two different flavor combos to see which one we would like best.
I paired the vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles for one of the bread loaves. This one tastes quite similar to shortbread. I bet a slice with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream would be so delicious!
I made a video to show how easy it is to make ice cream bread!
When making ice cream bread, keep these tips in mind –
- You can pretty much pick whichever flavor ice cream you’d like on this idea and any add-ins that sound good. I have read that frozen yogurt and non-dairy ice creams won’t work as well or even at all, so keep that in mind.
- My Hip sidekick, Jenna, baked this recipe using strawberry ice cream and sprinkles and loved that yummy combination!
- Make sure to let your ice cream soften and become almost room temp, and then measure out 2 cups. It will make the batter easier to mix and create a lighter texture.
- Don’t have self-rising flour? The recipe to make your own self-rising flour is 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Soft and sweet homemade quick bread using ice cream! Easy and fun 3 ingredient recipe that you can customize with your favorite ice cream and toppings.
- 2 cups softened ice cream (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- optional add ins like sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, etc.
This ice cream bread turned out awesome!
I loved both flavors, however, the vanilla sprinkle loaf is noticeably less sweet. It’d be a great basis for a sundae with maybe more ice cream or whipped cream on top. My family taste-tested them both, and the Oreo with cookies & cream combo loaf came out the clear winner! Yum!
This would be such a fun activity to do with the kids this summer at home. Enjoy!