Homemade Applesauce in 5 Minutes Using the Instant Pot
Here’s an easy and delicious Instant Pot recipe idea!
I recently tried making my own Instant Pot applesauce, and I’m happy to report that it’s so incredibly easy! I wish I would have tried this much earlier. I love that all you need is just a few ingredients to make the best homemade applesauce, and it’s a perfect recipe to make in the fall and of course year-round.
If you have some apples that are older and about to turn, this is a perfect way to utilize them and make yummy applesauce for your family to enjoy. The best part is these apples have just a 5 minute cook time and are pretty much hands-off. Even though it usually takes my Instant Pot about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure, I still prefer using it to make applesauce.
Tips for making the best Instant Pot apple sauce:
- I have used honey-crisp apples, but you can use a different variety or even a mixture of apples. Next time I’d like to experiment with adding pears, peaches, or strawberries- yum!
- I used a little brown sugar, but you can either omit or use another sweetener like honey or agave. It’s really up to you, and another great reason to make your own applesauce!
- Homemade Instant Pot applesauce should last up to ten days in the fridge when stored in jars with lids or other air-tight storage containers. It can be frozen or canned for long term storage if desired.
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Instructions: Place all ingredients inside the slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours, or LOW for 8-10 hours until apples are completely tender. If possible, stir once in a while.
- Stovetop Applesauce Instructions: Cook all ingredients in a pot on the stove over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until apples are cooked and tender.
Homemade Instant Pot Applesauce
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Fresh cinnamon applesauce is so easy to make using the Instant Pot. You'll never want to buy it from the store again!
- 3 pounds honeycrisp apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
My family loves this applesauce!
It’s so nice to have for a snack or fresh side to enjoy with lunch or dinner. I love the cinnamon apple combo and it’s so delicious in oatmeal as a sweetener – Yum!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about this recipe:
“As if I wasn’t impressed enough with a pressure cooker, but apple sauce in around FIVE minutes!? And my house smells amazing now thanks to this. I love the use of cinnamon and brown sugar… not too much, but just enough! This was such a simple process so I am going to make my own apple sauce all fall long. I love enjoying it warm, as do the kids, so this is a great way for us to make it. But it also tastes great after being refrigerated, too.”