Homemade Applesauce in 5 Minutes Using the Instant Pot
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s an easy and delicious Instant Pot recipe idea!
I recently tried making my own Instant Pot applesauce, and I’m happy to report that it’s so incredibly easy! I wish I would have tried this much earlier. I love that all you need is just a few ingredients to make the best homemade applesauce, and it’s a perfect recipe to make in the fall and of course year-round.
If you have some apples that are older and about to turn, this is a perfect way to utilize them and make yummy applesauce for your family to enjoy. The best part is these apples have just a 5 minute cook time and are pretty much hands-off. Even though it usually takes my Instant Pot about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure, I still prefer using it to make applesauce.
Tips for making the best Instant Pot apple sauce:
- I have used honey-crisp apples, but you can use a different variety or even a mixture of apples. Next time I’d like to experiment with adding pears, peaches, or strawberries- yum!
- I used a little brown sugar, but you can either omit or use another sweetener like honey or agave. It’s really up to you, and another great reason to make your own applesauce!
- Homemade Instant Pot applesauce should last up to ten days in the fridge when stored in jars with lids or other air-tight storage containers. It can be frozen or canned for long term storage if desired.
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Instructions: Place all ingredients inside the slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours, or LOW for 8-10 hours until apples are completely tender. If possible, stir once in a while.
- Stovetop Applesauce Instructions: Cook all ingredients in a pot on the stove over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until apples are cooked and tender.
Homemade Instant Pot Applesauce
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Fresh cinnamon applesauce is so easy to make using the Instant Pot. You'll never want to buy it from the store again!
- 3 pounds honeycrisp apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
My family loves this applesauce!
It’s so nice to have for a snack or fresh side to enjoy with lunch or dinner. I love the cinnamon apple combo and it’s so delicious in oatmeal as a sweetener – Yum!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about this recipe:
“As if I wasn’t impressed enough with a pressure cooker, but apple sauce in around FIVE minutes!? And my house smells amazing now thanks to this. I love the use of cinnamon and brown sugar… not too much, but just enough! This was such a simple process so I am going to make my own apple sauce all fall long. I love enjoying it warm, as do the kids, so this is a great way for us to make it. But it also tastes great after being refrigerated, too.”