Italian Tortellini Soup — Easy Weeknight Meal!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a hearty dinner idea your family will LOVE!
If you’re looking for a tasty soup recipe that’s also easy to prepare (especially for those busy weeknights!), try this yummy soup that features sausage and store-bought cheese tortellini! This makes for such a comforting meal on a chilly day, and the leftovers taste even better the next day.
Hip tips for making Italian Tortellini Soup:
- I’m using chicken sausage in this recipe, however, you can swap it to any sausage or ground sausage you prefer.
- The prepared cheese tortellini I’m using can be found in the refrigerated section at the store. I bet you could also use your favorite cheese ravioli instead if desired.
- The tortellini tends to soak up the broth, so if you have leftovers to reheat consider having some extra broth on hand to add.
Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make this hearty tomato broth soup bursting with flavors and packed with sausage and tortellini—perfect for any chilly day!
- 12 oz. Chicken Sausage, casings removed
- 9 oz. package store-bought cheese tortellini
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, sliced and undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 6 oz. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- dash of salt & pepper to taste
I could eat a comforting soup like this every day!
The tomato-based broth is super flavorful and I love the fresh spinach as a healthy addition. My family doesn’t get excited about soups as often as I do, but even they all loved it! All the flavors make this easy dish a new family-favorite.