Italian Tortellini Soup — Easy Weeknight Meal!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a hearty dinner idea your family will LOVE!
If you’re looking for a tasty soup recipe that’s also easy to prepare (especially for those busy weeknights!), try this yummy soup that features sausage and store-bought cheese tortellini! This makes for such a comforting meal on a chilly day, and the leftovers taste even better the next day.
Hip tips for making Italian Tortellini Soup:
- I’m using chicken sausage in this recipe, however, you can swap it to any sausage or ground sausage you prefer.
- The prepared cheese tortellini I’m using can be found in the refrigerated section at the store. I bet you could also use your favorite cheese ravioli instead if desired.
- The tortellini tends to soak up the broth, so if you have leftovers to reheat consider having some extra broth on hand to add.
Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make this hearty tomato broth soup bursting with flavors and packed with sausage and tortellini—perfect for any chilly day!
- 12 oz. Chicken Sausage, casings removed
- 9 oz. package store-bought cheese tortellini
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, sliced and undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 6 oz. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- dash of salt & pepper to taste
I could eat a comforting soup like this every day!
The tomato-based broth is super flavorful and I love the fresh spinach as a healthy addition. My family doesn’t get excited about soups as often as I do, but even they all loved it! All the flavors make this easy dish a new family-favorite.