Make This Bright Tasting Lemon Honey Salad Dressing!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need a zesty, flavorful dressing to brighten your salad?
Here’s an easy to make vinegar & olive oil-based lemon & honey salad dressing that’s super easy to whip up any night of the week, and you can even double it and shake up the leftovers to use during the week for yummy side dish salads!
I’ve had a kale salad obsession lately and have been making this dressing often to throw together a quick salad with dinner. My favorite way to serve it is over simple chopped kale greens with red onion, tomato, and parmesan cheese or parmesan crisps on top.
Of course, this lemon salad dressing will pair well with any leafy greens you desire and will stay good in the fridge for about 3-5 days in a jar or salad dressing shaker with lid.
Speaking of a salad shaker, if you need a suggestion for a nice one, consider this OXO Good Grips salad dressing shaker! It’s super high-quality, and the best part – it doesn’t leak or drip. Check out my full review of this shaker here!
Tips to making a great lemon honey salad dressing:
- As far as the process goes, I like adding my ingredients to a bowl and whisking it well to emulsify and get things really blended. You could definitely use a salad dressing shaker instead.
- I have to be honest and say that when I make this dressing I usually just eyeball measurements and taste along the way. It’s highly adaptable to change according to your taste, which is why I love making salad dressings at home.
- If you’re looking for a nice citrus squeezer, I love using my Zulay metal lemon/lime juicer from Amazon.com to add citrus easily to recipes.
Lemon Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
A zesty flavorful dressing, perfect to whip up and pour over kale or your favorite leafy green salad!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
This snappy lemon salad dressing is so easy to make and addicting!
I love the combination of honey and lemon along with the garlic and vinegar. It’s balanced, fresh, and yummy.
I could eat this salad every day, and sometimes I do! LOL! 😂 I think my family is sick of kale salad by now, but it’s my fave, especially with a bright dressing like this one.
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about this salad dressing recipe:
“What a fresh, fun, summery flavor! I made this and put it on my kale slaw mix I found at Walmart and it was the perfect addition! It has such a fresh flavor, and I loved the use of the honey and Dijon in this to slightly offset the acidity and sourness of the lemon and vinegar.
I also LOVE the dressing shaker featured in the post, and now I need one too. This is most certainly such a great dressing for a kale salad. I think it would make a great addition to a pasta salad too in place of Italian dressing, YUM!”