Bake Mini Chicken Pot Pies Using Just 4 Ingredients
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Pre-made biscuit dough is a smart shortcut for these easy mini chicken pot pies baked in a muffin pan.
Dinner is done using just 4 main ingredients!
When days are hectic and you need to throw a meal together quickly, here’s a fun idea to try. Use flaky biscuit dough and cooked chicken to bake mini chicken pot pies using your muffin tin! It’s helpful to have these simple ideas on hand in a pinch that the whole family will love.
This could be a yummy way to utilize leftover turkey during the holidays instead of chicken to make mini turkey pot pies instead!
The result is a delicious bubbly filling with a flaky dough crust that’s ultra comforting and delicious. My family really enjoyed these adorable mini pot pies, and I loved that it was minimal effort on a busy day.
I spotted this idea from Pillsbury.com and my changes were to cut the biscuits in half based on feedback from comments so it made 12 muffins. I added a little of my favorite seasoning blend for poultry, Herbes de Provence. Opting for the cream of chicken soup with herbs adds some additional flavor too.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Bake mini chicken pot pies in a muffin pan using flaky biscuit dough.
- 16.3 oz. can flaky biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz. frozen mixed veggies, steamed in bag
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
Tips for making yummy mini chicken pot pies:
- Be sure to spray your pan with non-stick spray first to avoid sticking. I used my Caraway bakeware that I honestly love, and they don’t need this step, but for any cookware that’s not non-stick, you won’t want to skip this prep step.
- If canned soup isn’t your preference, make your own can of cream of chicken soup.
- These mini chicken pot pies are freezer friendly! Store them in a covered container or Ziploc bag, and freeze them for up to 6 months. Simply warm one or more up when hungry.
- I’m sure you could use this same idea out with other types of dough such as pie crusts, or puff pastry sheets.
These pot pies will be a big hit with the kids!
What a fun hack using the biscuit dough and they really do taste great. There’s nothing not to love here. The pairing of warm flavorful filling and biscuits as a crust is delicious.