Best Pigs in a Blanket Recipe Using Puff Pastry!
Want an easy snack or appetizer idea everyone will enjoy?!
Pigs in a blanket are a baked pastry-wrapped hot dog idea that is so underrated, and yet I always tend to forget about this fun snack until I am at a party that has them served up or at a restaurant that does! They are perfect as a game-day snack or as a super easy meal that my kids will eat without complaints.
So today I’m sharing my favorite way to make classic pigs in a blanket! Instead of refrigerated crescent dough, try using a sheet of flaky buttery puff pastry for a slightly more grown-up gourmet approach! The result is an irresistible hot dog snack and it’s so easy to make.
I also used an egg wash and added Everything Bagel seasoning to the top for another burst of flavor, but that part is optional! I highly recommend dipping your piggy in some grainy mustard for an over-the-top delicious pig in a blanket experience.
Tips for making the best pigs in a blanket:
- Puff pastry is such a versatile ingredient that can be used in sweet or savory dishes. It’s found in the freezer aisle usually with the frozen pies and desserts.
- You’ll have a sheet leftover that you can save for another recipe like this yummy baked brie appetizer, or buy two packs of hot dogs and double this pigs in a blanket idea!
- For easy clean-up, line your baking sheet pan with parchment paper first.
- If you happen to have leftovers, they are wonderful reheated in the air fryer for a few minutes!
Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Hot dogs wrapped in buttery puff pastry topped with Everything Bagel seasoning for an updated take on this classic snack everyone loves.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 6 bun length kosher hot dogs (such as Hebrew National)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- mustard for dipping
The flaky puff pastry and roasted hot dog combo is so WINNING! These were gone in a flash with my hungry crew. I can’t wait to make a few batches of puff pastry pigs in a blanket for future parties and gatherings. Enjoy!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna thought about these easy pigs in a blanket:
“I am totally obsessed with using puff pastry! I keep a box on hand in the freezer at all times because it is just so easy to use and so versatile! This was the perfect use for it! The kids and I loved these! They were so easy for dipping in our favorite mustard and were simple to put together.”